recalled item

Hi all I recieved a message from eBay saying an item i purchaseda long time ago has been recalled. I have contacted the seller he told me to contact the help desk .?? Well the option is not there I just keep getting sent back to page one. this is the item..
Item details: 175150186923 - 300Mbps Wifi Extender Repeater Range Booster AP Router AU Wireless-N 802.11 HOT. Cheers Chris.

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

recalled item

Hi no it is not a scam it was in my eBay messages and I have spoken to the seller they told me to contact HELP DESK. As I stated all i get is sent back to the start there is know way of contacting eBay about the recalled item?/

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

recalled item

'has been recalled"

Is that all the message said?

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

Maybe look up the manufacturers website, 

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

I am not sure what you expect the seller to do about it?

Were they the actual company for the item?

Or just a 'random seller' ?

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

I'm actually shocked you got a message from ebay, given that I can't see the brand mentioned in the details you gave.

The seller is not going to help you. If you bought a long time ago, the 30 day ebay window is long past.

Most things on ebay from random sellers don't come with any guarantee either, no matter what an ad says.

Ebay is not going to help you. The only help they give is for recent purchases where things have gone wrong. They are not in the warranty business. So contacting them for help won't be a lot of use.

All you can do is as sugar said, contact the actual manufacturers if you know the brand. Look up the website. Google the item, see what information you can find. 

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

I have to wonder if it was a legit eBay message at all

I mean, look at how many products have been recalled over the years, including ones that would have surely been sold by eBay sellers

I can't recall of ever hearing anyone else getting such a message 

And surely if eBay did contact buyers of such an item, they would have also contacted the seller to inform them they had sold an item that has now been recalled ?

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

I wondered exactly the same thing.

There are a lot of scams about, I know. Especially ones where they say you have bought something off ebay.

If this is a scam message though, it is a double worry as they seem to know the actual item rover gunn bought.

Probably time for  him to update his passwords etc on ebay, just to be on the safe side.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

My very first thought was also that it is a scam.

If you want to be sure, check your messages in your eBay account (not your normal mailbox), as genuine eBay messages are also in your messages in your eBay account.

I have never heard of eBay contacting customers about recalled products - ever.

Maybe the scammer (if it is a scammer) saw your feedback in the seller's account (or the feedback the seller left for you), so they saw what you bought (it is not possible to see what you bought from your account, but it is usually possible from the seller's account, if the listings are not private or if you have not made your own  feedback private).

Were there any links in the email you received? I hope you didn't click on them if there were links.

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

arctoph_49
Community Member

Like other people, I seriously doubt the message is genuine, but if you want to be 100% sure, do what papermoon said.

And you bought the item a long time ago? Even more unlikely eBay would message you about an item you bought a long time ago.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

recalled item

Hi no it is not a scam it was in my eBay messages and I have spoken to the seller they told me to contact HELP DESK. As I stated all i get is sent back to the start there is know way of contacting eBay about the recalled item?/

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply