scam?

this seller is advertising a digital thermometer with a picture of a conventional thermometer. scam?  

I wrote to the seller to ask for clarification but got this: 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

scam?

Without looking further, it would seem the seller is Chinese. As such the picture and the item probably bear only a passing resemblance to each other.

It is probably not a scam - you are well and truly protected by eBay for item not described. You just have to decide whether you are prepared to take a risk with a seller who won't answer your question, or whether you pay a bit more and buy one that you know is what you need.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

scam?

Is that the multi listing,  where despite the heading, the only two items available is the oven thermometer guage  and the microwave mitts.  If so the listing does not state, or imply, that the oven guage is Digital.

The heading could be misinterpreted, but the digital cooking food meat probe, is a seperate item not available in this listing.

Chinese seller and heading appears as more a list of key search words, rather than one particular item.

In any event I would be staying clear given FB Negs

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

scam?

Pay a little more and buy locally.

It will probably last longer and have a better chance of some sort of warranty should it fail.

Electronics from China n Hong Kong are rubbish.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

scam?

Thanks for this info. I will certainly stay clear of this seller

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

scam?

I partly agree though the locally bought stuff  comes probably from the same factory in China with a local brand name and is of same poor quality. You're right: I would pay more for better quality.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply