scammed on pre-order game

j_s_mccann_smith
Community Member

Hi everyone. I believe I have been scammed on a pre-order game of GTA5. I pre-ordered this game through a seller who at the time had decent feedback reviews - however the release of GTA5 had changed from its rumoured release date of late 2012 to 2013. I accepted this, and opted to buy different Christmas presents for my family this Christmas, and give the pre-ordered game as a birthday gift. However now that im attempting to make contact with the seller, he hasn't replied to any emails, and he no longer has any items for sale. What a coincidence.

He was extremely quick to file a "non payment complaint" against me, 2 days after I purchased the item, but now hes nowhere to be found, and I cant file a paypal disbute as its been passed the required number of days.

Does this mean my money is gone, and theres no hope of getting it back?

Also, this would make an extremely easy scam to make money, shouldn't ebay have better systems in place to prevent these people being able to sell these things? and why don't ebay check before allowing them to rip people off?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: scammed on pre-order game

AS stated if you have a problem with a transaction online just contact the Queensland online fraud squad,(they may be

able to help if the seller is in Aus).

They have in the past being succesfull in getting members money returned.

They state that it's the Queensland online fraud squad but they handle all of Aus.

Qeensland online fraud squad

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply