second chance offers ..

A query about second chance offers ...

The auction finishes, a buyer wins.  Does the seller have access to offering a  a second chance immediately?

I had always thought that a seller would only get access to this option when a buyer didn't pay, the time to pay had run out and/or when the seller had opened an unpaid item case which had run its course.  Then, when all the avenues for payment by the original buyer had been exhausted, only then would a second chance offer be available to the seller.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: second chance offers ..

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ebay rules DON'T allow it, which is precisely why you can leave negative feedback.  Too many negatives and their selling will be restricted and any buyers that check their feedback have the option of NOT buying.

And too many poor star ratings will do more to restrict their selling than the negatives.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

it is wrong Pixie, but how long from end of auction till the Dispute was opened and how many more days before the item was sold to 2nd chance?

I mean a seller has to wait FOUR WHOLE DAYS before they can even open a dispute so how long did you take to pay??

by the way the price to the 2nd chance would be LESS than your winning bid, as it is always at 1 bid below the winning bid.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Unless it was a pick up item I would just have paid using Paypal then the seller would have had to refund me or I would put in a dispute.

They would not have been able to close the unpaid item strike in their favour, they would not get their FVF refunded and they would not be able to get the neg I left them removed.

While it is not a good idea to go over the 4 days to make payment you can certainly take action if the buyer relists before a dispute is over.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply