second chance offers

nunump77
Community Member

Hi ,I bought and paid for an item,,the next day I received an email from seller saying she had relisted as second chance offer as allowed by Ebay she said.    She also refunded my money through Paypal .I won the item for 99c and $7.20 postage .Can this be done ,is it allowed ? Thank-you Nunump77

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

second chance offers

No, that is complete misunderstanding of the second-chance offer (by the seller, I mean).

I'm wondering how it was even eligible for a second chance offer, as there has to be at least two bidders on an item for that to become available, so I guess the item started below 99c?

Anyway, the second chance offer function can be legitimately used in two ways - to offer the underbidder the same item if the winner declines to pay for some reason, or to offer one or more underbidders the opportunity to purchase at their max bid price if the seller has multiple quantities. It definitely does not mean the seller gets a second chance at trying to sell it for a higher price, because all second chance offers are below the winning bid.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

second chance offers

Not allowed. If this is the seller nanny something, instruct them you have asked ebay and it is not acceptable. You will report them unless they still want to re-accept your payment. It appears they wanted to get more for the dress. 

Then report the seller for non performance and if they ask for a cancellation, don't accept it.

Also leave feedback to warn others, but keep it professional and factual.

I would leave a neg with, Dishonest seller and reneged transaction.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

second chance offers

cherry7113
Community Member

She never listed a second chance that is just what she said so she didn't have to sell it for a low price.Why would a seller go with a second chance when that has to be less money than the winning bid?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

second chance offers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

She has relisted the dress with the same 99cent start price....don't think she has a clue.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

second chance offers

report this seller, If she listed it at that price and it sold she should follow through.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply