disscussion boards open a buyers eyes.

I am finding since I have been on here a lot of sellers complain about buyers. If we ask for combined postage, we are annoying when we ask to pick up an item or if a seller wants to sell it now. I would think this is all part of customer service. I am sure if these ebay sellers went into a local store and were given no service they would complain.

I can't help buy wonder if these are the same sellers complaining about low sales. I have said it before and I will say it again if overseas sellers are giving us good service and answering our questions all nicely then what reason do we have to support our Australian sellers.

One more thing before I stop. I have a few sellers I have used for years, both here and OS and I check there items first even if it costs a little more because the service/communication they give is so good that I feel good shopping with them. I guess sellers are forgetting that we the buyer are also an important part of ebay.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

No  belinda, us buyers are just an annoyance that most sellers put up with on their way to becoming overnight ebay millionaires.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

Not this seller - buyers are the most important part of ebay:-D

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

OP, I tend to agree with the majority of your post.

A lot of sellers DO complain a LOT about sellers, and over the most ridiculous things. Unfortunately, customer service died long ago .. online, and off.

bsal, buyers aren't an annoyance to all sellers. But most definitely are to some.

Don't blame me. I didn't vote him in ...
Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

meh, I think that at heart most sellers know to provide customer service etc and they do appreciate their customers - they just like to have a whinge about stuff sometimes - a vent kind of thing to other people who will understand where they are coming from.

Most people have gripes about their job - things they don't like about it - I take it with a grain of salt - I reckon most times, that's all it is - just having a gripe.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

Hi, I can see how you could come to that conclusion. As I said on another post today, 95% of buyers are great to deal with, it is the 5% that can try ones patience. These are the serial non payers. The ones who claim an item was not delivered when Aust Post has recorded the buyers signature on delivery, the ones who claim the item is damaged without even unpacking it before return for refund etc.etc, etc, I enjoy communication with most buyers and have built valuable relationships with some, giving them the heads up when I find something special they may like, giving an honest answer as to wether the item will suit their needs and directing them to other sellers when a product doesn't suit. Customer service is probably the most important part of an Ebay business and the customer is certainly the most important person in the transaction process.  The forums are used by sellers to try to address the ongoing problems raised by the very small minority of buyers that try to exploit  and defraud 

the system and discuss ways in which the Ebay system can be improved for the safety and enjoyment of all participants. With this function in mind there is naturally going to be robust discussion about issues and problems. 

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

Absolutely we love our customers! Without you we wouldn't have a business. But as said above there are times when sellers just need to have a little vent when things do go wrong. Which fortunately is very very rare.:8}

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

I have never noticed any particular difference between the number of complaints by buyers about sellers and the complaints about sellers by buyers.

The vast majority of both come about because one or both have failed to read and/or understand ebay or Paypal policy.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

Yeh PJ I am aware both sellers and buyers whinge on here. But when I read threads with sellers saying buyers what so much, they are annoying asking to buy things now, That sellers are over buyers asking about combined postage and pick ups. That they want to write in there listings I don't do this I don't do that so don't ask, I do feel like well what are you doing as a seller what service are you providing, esp when sellers don't even know how to press a button to let me know my item has been sent.

I also read about sales down and that's when it makes sense to me. Because I have moved to mostly buying from OS as I am getting much better customer service at a cheaper price.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

Oh and I just read one response to a seller not happy being asked about pick up and the response was I would have blocked em the first time they asked.

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply