seller does not reply to emails after i paid...ignores all my emails...that was 3 days ago

i won an auction on the 28th..i paid straight away after by paypal...i have sent multiple emails regarding my purchase..seller has not emailed me at all...he has my money but will not contact me...how come a buyer can be banned for not paying in the first few days but a seller can take your money and ignore you and not send the product

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

seller does not reply to emails after i paid...ignores all my emails...that was 3 days ago

Why did you need to send multiple emails?

Message 2 of 57
Latest reply

A buyer canโ€™t be banned in the first few days of not paying, a seller canโ€™t open a non-payment dispute for 4 days, and it canโ€™t be closed for a further 4 days after that.

How many business days was the handling time in the listing? It could well be that it has already been posted but just not marked as posted.

Message 3 of 57
Latest reply

3 days since purchase - U would not have your item as yet - a lot of sellers have 2-3 business days before posting.

If the buyer is selling a lot of items, they might not have had time to reply.  Multiple emails in 3 days could be termed as harrassment.

Unless the emails were about something urgent (like pick-up), U might not get an answer, especially when some sellers can only get to the computers on weekends.  Not everyone is on their computers every minute of the day & a lot do not communicate between purchase & the item arrival.

Message 4 of 57
Latest reply

thank you for responding......i was reading up on the ebay rules and it states that if a buyer contacts a seller regarding the item for sale the seller must respond promptly.....still no reply from seller all i want is a conformation email...my first few emails were just to check he recieved my money...which he had...its not hard to send an email saying yep i got it and will post in a few days every other seller i purchased from has managed to send an email...and with all the smartphones out there you can email anyone where ever you are

Message 5 of 57
Latest reply

Standards overview

eBay expects sellers to consistently provide service that results in a high level of buyer satisfaction.

When a buyer wins an item on eBay, the seller and buyer have entered a contract that both members are expected to honour. A seller's obligations are formal โ€“ such as sending the item that was described in the listing โ€“ as well as informal โ€“ such as providing good service.

Sellers who don't fulfil their obligations may be in breach of their contract and can create an unsatisfactory buyer experience. Buyer experience is reflected in a seller's Feedback (including overall scores and detailed seller ratings), as well as Item Not Received and Item Significantly Not as Described disputes.

If a seller repeatedly creates unsatisfactory buyer experiences they're at risk of violating the Seller Non-Performance policy.

As a seller, you're expected to:

• Charge reasonable postage and handling costs

• Specify postage costs and handling time in the listing

• Follow through on your return policy

• Respond to buyers' questions promptly

• Be helpful, friendly, and professional throughout a transaction

• Make sure the item is delivered to the buyer as described in the listing.

Message 6 of 57
Latest reply

How did you know he got your money, if he hasn't replied?

Message 7 of 57
Latest reply

it was paid by paypal and it said that payment was received and finalised on the 28th

Message 8 of 57
Latest reply

When did you email the seller?  You need to allow 24-48 hours for a reply, depending on if it was on a weekend or workday. 

You paid on the 28th so there has only been two working days pass. 
There is no point panicking - sellers often don't mark items posted, it doesn't mean it's not posted. It just means they may have another way of keeping track of inventory (for example; they may have their own website).   Be reasonable - many sellers have lives outside of ebay and keep to strict working hours - meaning they aren't there all weekend to reply to emails.
It is way too early for you to be worried.

Message 9 of 57
Latest reply

i emailed him as soon as the auction ended...it has now been more than 48 hours still no reply................

Message 10 of 57
Latest reply