seller no longer registered with ebay..is my money gone?

ytwo000
Community Member

just got this message from ebay.. (in blue)

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This user is no longer registered on eBay.
bought and paid via paypal 8/12/15. today is 10/12/15..
what happens from here?have i lost my $ ?
PS...item is NOT marked" sent "by the seller.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"ill give the seller a chance first even though ebay pulled down all their listings and no longer a registered user"

If it's the seller who last left you feedback , he may well be temporarily no longer registered because of something trivial and I agree that you should give the seller a chance and suggest you leave it a while longer before opening a dispute.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If you paid by Paypal, lodge an INR dispute with them citing the fact that the seller is NARU'd on eBay and is not responding.  If you can't open the dispute (it may be too early) ring Paypal and explain the situation, they may be able to open one early for you.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Are you sure that message is from ebay? Is it in your ebay mail? If it isn't and is only in your personal email account then it could be a phishing email. Have you gone directly into ebay (not through a link in the email) to see if the item has gone from your purchased items, also do a completed item search for it, if it has been removed it will not show up anywhere on ebay except a cached page. You say it has not been marked as posted by the seller, for you to be able to see that the item could not have been removed unless again you are looking at a cached page.

If it is genuine then you should give the item enough time to arrive and if it doesn't open an item not received dispute (IMO it is better to open a Paypal dispute for not received while ebay is better for not as described)

As long as you paid with Paypal your money is safe.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

thanks. the message comes up when i go into items i bought list.

dose not give me the option to cancel sale..maybe too early to show this ?

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Ive just been through this whole scenario and hd the refund processed this morning whew!!!

The story - purchased expensive electrical from buyer in Aust (supposedly) but with 0 feedback and sales - turned out to be scammer. I send a no. of emails asking the seller to confirm sale and advise when sending and to send with tracking. No reply to any eamil. Then got their contact details from ebay and all false. Alerted ebay - they removed seller and opened case. Its taken a couple of weeks but all good now.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

i contacted ebay and was told to claim as "item not recieved" after the 16th. cant do before this date.

fair enough if item turns up but its not marked "sent" so i dought it will.

so we wait. 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Some sellers don't mark as posted or sometimes just forget so there's a slim chance it may still arrive. I wouldn't hold my breath though, especially if the item has been removed by eBay. Open the dispute as soon as you're able.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Robot Happy..ill give the seller a chance first even though ebay pulled down all their listings and no longer a registered user yep.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

yes this is what I had to do - ebay told me they would contact the seller after I alerted them to the issue and then I was told I had to wait a no.of days to give the seller time to reply and provide a tracking no. It didnt happen. I found that calling ebay and keeping onto it produced the results. Wait the time they say then call them and ask whats happening. I got an email a few days ago saying my case was under review and they would be in touch. I didnt wait any longer than this morning and called back. The guy I spoke to said he could make the ruling then and there - I waited a couple of minutes and he came back saying its been ruled in my favour - yippee!!

He then said the refund would probs be in my a/c with in 48 hours but could take up to 10 business days - well I'm lucky cos its done and dusted today.

Note to self - never ever again do that.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@ytwo000 wrote:

Robot Happy..ill give the seller a chance first even though ebay pulled down all their listings and no longer a registered user yep.

Have you checked that the seller is NARU (not a registered user)?  If the seller is no longer on ebay and the item has been removed it should no longer be in your Purchase History.

If the seller is still on ebay and the item is still in your Purchase History then it is a phishing email and should be treated with caution.

If you have clicked on any links in it then you need to change passwords etc.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply