seller refusing to give tracking number

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought a SSD on Monday, the seller marked it as posted the same day but I know it's bullsh1t because I bought it after business hours, then I asked for the tracking number two days later, the seller simply avoided the question and said the item will arrive soon, then I said that did not answer my quetion and asked for the tracking number again, then the seller does went AWAL on me. Should I contact ebay?

Message 1 of 135
Latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

you sound like a nightmare to deal with. I pity your sellers.

Perhaps buying on ebay is not for you.
Message 11 of 135
Latest reply

Four of your last eight feedbacks left for others are red dots. Before then you didnt seem to have too many problems. Why the sudden rush of buying problems ? Have you started buying from overseas recently ?  Not hassling, genuine question.

Like others I send some items as large letters without tracking to keep costs for buyers down. I mark items as sent once I have packed and addressed them ready for mailing. Its just the system I use. It saves going back after mailing and trying to work out which ones I have packed. I take them to the PO the day I pack them so its not a problem.

Message 12 of 135
Latest reply

Over 50% of my items are sent large letter just with stamps, no tracking. I also mark them as posted when I pack them so I know they're done, especially if there are a few to pack. Parcels I mark as sent after posting so I can upload the tracking number.

I did have a look at the listing and it says it's posted using standard mail. Not registered, not express, not tracked parcel. Standard mail means letter in 99% cases. Looks like that seller with already atrocious feedback is about to cop another one for his efforts.

Message 13 of 135
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Four of your last eight feedbacks left for others are red dots. Before then you didnt seem to have too many problems. Why the sudden rush of buying problems ? Have you started buying from overseas recently ?  Not hassling, genuine question.

Like others I send some items as large letters without tracking to keep costs for buyers down. I mark items as sent once I have packed and addressed them ready for mailing. Its just the system I use. It saves going back after mailing and trying to work out which ones I have packed. I take them to the PO the day I pack them so its not a problem.

my main buying account is kuromusha1, look at the feedbacks I have left for others over the past year and then feel like an idiot.

Sending toothpaste in mail without tracking is fine, I don't think sending a $350 SSD in mail without tracking is such a good idea. 

Message 14 of 135
Latest reply

Thanks for letting us know. Thats two new names for the party list instead of one.

Message 15 of 135
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

my main buying account is kuromusha1, look at the feedbacks I have left for others over the past year and then feel like an idiot.

Sending toothpaste in mail without tracking is fine, I don't think sending a $350 SSD in mail without tracking is such a good idea. 

You mean the account with the 7 negatives you have left out of a total of 118 feedback left for others?

I would certainly feel like an idiot if I had left that percentage of negatives....that is horrible.

More fool you for advertising the fact that you scatter negatives like confetti.

Message 16 of 135
Latest reply

OP, i reckon your seller pool just got a whole lot smaller LOL

who's the idiot?

Message 17 of 135
Latest reply

@crazyplacecostumes wrote:

Another buying problem? You certainly do attract them. 

I haven't looked at the listing because quite frankly, can't be really bothered to help you but in defence of your poor seller, it IS possible to put stamps on an envelope and shove it in a box after hours. 

Shoving in a box still = postage, plus there is no tracking number. 

However I dare say any seller who sells to you and doesn't use tracking is entering into a risky, if not wobbly, transaction. 

And is a seller who hasn't already added the OP and his alter ego to their party list!

Message 18 of 135
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

OP, i reckon your seller pool just got a whole lot smaller LOL

who's the idiot?

Do you have any evidence or you're just speculating?

There are millions of sellers, and only 270 people viewed this thread, and out of the 270 people, may only 10 people bothered to add my two ids to their BBL (and have. a third ID so it's futile anyway). 

So my seller pool got smaller my 0.0000000000001%, yeah something that I really give a sh't about.

Message 19 of 135
Latest reply

There are millions of sellers, and only 270 people viewed this thread, and out of the 270 people, may only 10 people bothered to add my two ids to their BBL (and have. a third ID so it's futile anyway). 

Is it reallly such a good idea to post on the boards that you are perfectly happy to breach ebay poicy?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 135
Latest reply