seller refusing to give tracking number

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought a SSD on Monday, the seller marked it as posted the same day but I know it's bullsh1t because I bought it after business hours, then I asked for the tracking number two days later, the seller simply avoided the question and said the item will arrive soon, then I said that did not answer my quetion and asked for the tracking number again, then the seller does went AWAL on me. Should I contact ebay?

Message 1 of 135
Latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

There a lot more page views on the other threads you were involved in.

Message 21 of 135
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

There are millions of sellers, and only 270 people viewed this thread, and out of the 270 people, may only 10 people bothered to add my two ids to their BBL (and have. a third ID so it's futile anyway). 

Is it reallly such a good idea to post on the boards that you are perfectly happy to breach ebay poicy?

It is not a breach of eBay to have multiple accounts.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html

Message 22 of 135
Latest reply

pick me smiley.gif

From your own link - you missed this part?

What are the guidelines?

Allowed

Allowed

Users may have multiple accounts on eBay. We understand that there are various reasons why someone would choose to have more than one account.

Not allowed

Not allowed

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

Message 23 of 135
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

pick me smiley.gif

From your own link - you missed this part?

What are the guidelines?

Allowed

Allowed

Users may have multiple accounts on eBay. We understand that there are various reasons why someone would choose to have more than one account.

Not allowed

Not allowed

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

And what restrictions or limits am I avoiding??

Message 24 of 135
Latest reply

If you're blocked from bidding on a seller's listings, you cannot bid using another user ID.

From here -

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/bidding-overview.html#blocked

nope smiley.gif      Just sayin' 

Message 25 of 135
Latest reply

It says "user ID", not another accounts.

They are two completely different things.
Message 26 of 135
Latest reply

@investmenttechnology wrote:
?? All registered post have tracking.

All parcel post comes with tracking number too these days.

So, unless seller used stamps like it was the 1970s, he should have a tracking number.

ps. Selling to anyone without tracking is risky, how is he going to prove to paypal when I open a case on him/

Wrong, wrong and wrong, sport.

There are a number of sellers on Australia Post contract rates that do not get tracking on their parcels as standard. 

If you are going to post here, whether it's for trolling purposes, attention-seeking, or reputation-damaging just to let as many people as possible know what IDs to block, then go right ahead, but don't post incorrect information in the process. 

Message 27 of 135
Latest reply

Anyways, back to the topic.

When it says free postage, is it not reasonable to expect a tracking number from the buyer for items with significant monetary value?
Message 28 of 135
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@investmenttechnology wrote:
?? All registered post have tracking.

All parcel post comes with tracking number too these days.

So, unless seller used stamps like it was the 1970s, he should have a tracking number.

ps. Selling to anyone without tracking is risky, how is he going to prove to paypal when I open a case on him/

Wrong, wrong and wrong, sport.

There are a number of sellers on Australia Post contract rates that do not get tracking on their parcels as standard. 

Whatever, both eBay and paypal expect sellers to have tracking number, it is also good idea to have a tracking number for seller's benefit. 

What if a buyer receives the item and files for item not received? Seller don't have tracking number are screwed? 

Seller is lucky that I'm a ethical person that I would not do such a thing.

Message 29 of 135
Latest reply

With free postage the seller can use whatever service he wants to.

If the buyer wants a tracking number of signature on delivery then they should negotiate with the seller and pay for the extra services.

Message 30 of 135
Latest reply