shill bidding

Hi eBayers,

In reply to a previous blog, YES Shill Bidding is rife amongst some Jewellery Auction Sellers in Queensland. They are all Friends, eBay USA confirmed it is Shill Bidding Yet nothing done bar a Warning. So Sad for Buyers from these Unscrupulous Sellers.

They are paying much more than they should. Personally I would never bid on their items, as many Long Term Sellers know what is going on.

Yes eBay USA Called it Fraud & over there they can be Prosecuted, but as eBay Australia is now ran from the Philippines Nothing is done.

You will see the same Ring, Pendant, Earrings listed over & Over Again. Same Sizing Same Weight, Same Listing. As a long term jewellery seller I can assure you this is impossible. Now I will not even list jewelelry on my other site, what is the use when this Fraud is being committed.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: shill bidding

but as eBay Australia is now ran from the Philippines Nothing is done.

Not true, the Au call centre is in the Philipenes but that has nothing to do with the running of ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: shill bidding

To the person who said Not True eBay is not run from Phillipines.

If you Complain or Ring about a Seller this All goes through to the Phillipines. Years ago you were in Contact with USA or Australia, Not so anymore.

We have the Telephone No for USA eBay & have to ring them Constantly about the Shill Bidding, eBay Phillipines take no Notice at all.

I think you need to check which Country Handles all complaints??

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply