why am I seeing this...it said 'The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.'

I went to purchase and it said 'The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.' I have never seen this before - what does it  mean? I am not making any offer but paying full price. I am stumped by this one! Let me know if you know the answer please.,

Cheers

Judith

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

why am I seeing this...it said 'The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.'

@alreadypraying,

There are a number of possible reasons for your seeing this notice.

• The seller may have had previous dealings with you which weren't satisfactory from his/her point of view, and therefore you may be blocked;
  • You may have failed to pay for two or more items for which you bid/agreed to buy, which would mean strikes for non-payment. That would mean that you cannot purchase from any seller who has their buyer bid requirements set to exclude buyers with such strikes;
  • The seller may have accidentally blocked you, or blocked you for any mad reason;
  • It may be a technical glitch.

Do any of these sound as though they might fit the bill?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Another reason could be that you have a post office box and the seller has blocked posting to them.

Or possibly the seller only sells to certain areas, and not to where you live.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I had a quick look at your feedback and feedback you have given others and from what I can see, I'd hazard a guess you have an excellent record, so I'd say it is somewhat unlikely you have any unpaid item strikes against your name. Of course if you did have, that would be one reason why you could strike a block.

But I'd say it is more likely to be another reason. Perhaps the seller isn't selling to anyone from your area or country. I see you are based in Australia, was the seller from overseas? At the moment, some sellers are reluctant to post internationally because of possible postal delays.

Apart from that, it could be as others have suggested, maybe you have a PO address or maybe it is just a glitch, in which case, you'd expect it to right itself ina  day or so.

If none of the above applies, you could try messaging the seller and politely asking them.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Some of the feedback left isn't crash hot, I agree.

But I had a quick look at the FB scores of the sellers that gforrest has recently bought from, and most seem to be 'big' sellers, with scores in the tens of thousands, in one case over a million, so they are probably fair sized companies rather than small businesses. They probably aren't checking out the feedback their customers have left previously.  I'd guess they would only block after they had trouble with a customer.

I am wondering if sandy pebbles may have hit on the reason, there must be lots of sellers who aren't prepared to sell to overseas customers at the moment.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@alreadypraying,

There are a number of possible reasons for your seeing this notice.

• The seller may have had previous dealings with you which weren't satisfactory from his/her point of view, and therefore you may be blocked;
  • You may have failed to pay for two or more items for which you bid/agreed to buy, which would mean strikes for non-payment. That would mean that you cannot purchase from any seller who has their buyer bid requirements set to exclude buyers with such strikes;
  • The seller may have accidentally blocked you, or blocked you for any mad reason;
  • It may be a technical glitch.

Do any of these sound as though they might fit the bill?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Another reason could be that you have a post office box and the seller has blocked posting to them.

Or possibly the seller only sells to certain areas, and not to where you live.
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I had a quick look at your feedback and feedback you have given others and from what I can see, I'd hazard a guess you have an excellent record, so I'd say it is somewhat unlikely you have any unpaid item strikes against your name. Of course if you did have, that would be one reason why you could strike a block.

But I'd say it is more likely to be another reason. Perhaps the seller isn't selling to anyone from your area or country. I see you are based in Australia, was the seller from overseas? At the moment, some sellers are reluctant to post internationally because of possible postal delays.

Apart from that, it could be as others have suggested, maybe you have a PO address or maybe it is just a glitch, in which case, you'd expect it to right itself ina  day or so.

If none of the above applies, you could try messaging the seller and politely asking them.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Many thanks for your reply, very helpful. I actually spoke with Ebay and they told me that the seller has blocked me, however there is a mistake because I had a prior buy which went well for both the seller and myself. Ebay think they have made a mistake but they cannot intervene so I have messaged the seller to see if we can sort it out.

Once again, many thanks and Happy 2021!

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

You are correct they blocked me by mistake, see my reply above and thank you for you help, cheers!
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Many thanks for all your help, we found out what had happened, they had mistakenly blocked me! See my reply above, so kind of you.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

It's good to see a poster returning here to explain the outcome!

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

This was my very first post although I have been on Ebay for thirteen years! I am so happy to have found this support site and grateful for your help. Have a great 2021! Kind regards, Judith
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

they have blacklisted you from bidding and  buying cause  prob  you left neg or fedback or they did not like,, or opened a dispute 

at some time..or maybe  a friend of theres or them on a diff seller id..check   some  feedbacks  ..you have left

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply