why are you protecting bad ebay sellers I just had A problem with one and when I went to leave my fe

why are you protecting bad ebay sellers I just had A problem with one and when I went to leave my feedback to worn other EBAY buyers you had removed it from my list ,So other buyers will not know the problems that I had so to me you are protecting the bad EBAYER and not the good ones PLEASE EXPLAIN or is it just money now matter how gets ripped off 

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

why are you protecting bad ebay sellers I just had A problem with one and when I went to leave my fe

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the item has disappeared completely it means that it has been removed by ebay as there was a problem with the listing, as you have obviously found out.  Ebay is not protecting the seller....they are protecting you, the buyer.  You should have received an email from ebay advising you that the item has been removed and you should not pay for it or if you have already paid you can open a paypal dispute and get your money refunded.

If you can remember the seller's ID you could have a look and see if he is still registered.

Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

OR....

You can't leave feedback because more than 60 days have passed since you bought the item. In which case you have ignored Paypal's stipulation that issues must be addressed within 45 days, and eBay's that state you only have 60 days to leave feedback.

Either way, it is probably your fault rather than eBay's.

Also, if you go to 'Community' at the top of the page and then select 'Feedback Forum' you can leave feedback for any transaction that is less than 60 days old.

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

additionally, this is a member to meber forum. It is unlikely that eBay will actually read your message, as we are all members, just like you.

Consequently, it is not "us" who is protecting "bad eBay sellers", at least not in this instance.

If you want to talk to eBay, up the top right there is a tab called customer support, follow a few links and stuff and you will eventually find a variety of ways in which you can contact them directly.

Also in that section, you can have a look around at all of the site policies and rules and guidelines. There is also heaps of information down the bottom of each page through the site map.

I hope that yopu can get some resolution with your troubles.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

Hi

I also find this very frustrating, recently a buyer purchased one of my items I waited and waited for payment or at least some contact from the buyer and eventually opened a dispute which as Ebay couldn't contact the buyer ended up in the transaction being cancelled. That part is fine even though I have wasted time but when I go to leave negative feedback about this buyer I am not allowed because we have no current transactions. I can see the way to get round this is to leave feedback before transaction is cancelled but Ebay should have a feedback category for Ebayers who reneg on the deal with no explanation.  This isn't my first experience of this and it won't be the last. These ebayers should get a black mark if they make a habit of doing this.

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

@scarletsbonbon wrote:

Hi

I also find this very frustrating, recently a buyer purchased one of my items I waited and waited for payment or at least some contact from the buyer and eventually opened a dispute which as Ebay couldn't contact the buyer ended up in the transaction being cancelled. That part is fine even though I have wasted time but when I go to leave negative feedback about this buyer I am not allowed because we have no current transactions. I can see the way to get round this is to leave feedback before transaction is cancelled but Ebay should have a feedback category for Ebayers who reneg on the deal with no explanation.  This isn't my first experience of this and it won't be the last. These ebayers should get a black mark if they make a habit of doing this.

Errrrrr, you can't leave a buyer negative feedback or positive with negative comments - that's a policy violation.

That buyer, since you opened a dispute for non-payment, now has a strike against their account. Another one of those in 12 months, and they'll be blocked from bidding/buying from sellers that have their blocks in place.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

You sell on Ebay and still don't know that you can't leave a negative feedback for a buyer,read the rules and policies so you're upto date.

Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

josky67
Community Member

eBay seems to protect dishonest sellers and turns a blind eye to fraud and then removes genuine Negative Feedback left by honest buyers against these sellers. 

I ordered a small part for my car from a seller in China and after 2 1/2 months it has yet to arrive in Australia. The seller provided a fake tracking number that when entered us all in Chinese and when translated only showed destinations in China. I left that seller a Negative Feedback and later checked and found that EBay removed it completely in order to protect a dishonest seller who was fraudulent. I have been unable to fix my car all this time and it is unlikely the item will ever arrive. eBay allows sellers to provide excessively long estimated delivery dates so that buyers cannot open a dispute when items do not arrive on time. You shouldn’t have to wait many months for any item to arrive after you paid for it. 

eBay protects these crooked sellers just to keep getting unsuspecting buyers paying for items that are unlikely to ever arrive. It is bull**bleep** buyer protection and removal of genuine negative feedback is totally unacceptable. 

Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

You can open a dispute on eBay up to 30 days after the last day of the estimated delivery and in PayPal up to 180 days from the day of purchase if you used PayPal to pay.

Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

josky67
Community Member

I found an eBay seller that was copying images off gettyimages website that were copyright protected and reported that seller to eBay and eBay did absolutely nothing to stop this seller passing off poor quality images he copied off the internet that he has violated others copyright to. 

ebay has done nothing to that seller to prevent this type of fraud and is happy to deliberately turn a blind eye to what that seller is doing. As long as eBay gets a Commision from the sale, eBay goes on protecting these criminal dishonest sellers. That seller has two different seller accounts and has been violating copyright held by many photographers and avoids paying any licensing fees to companies like gettyimages and eBay are fully aware of it and go on protecting the bad eBay seller for the sake of their own financial gain. 

rustygold and rustysilver are the same person and in violation of copyright laws and have been covered up and protected by eBay and eBay does not do the right thing to protect unsuspecting buyers by closing down the seller accounts of this bad seller. 

Ebay Buyer Protection should be about eBay acting responsibly to prevent this type of fraud by such sellers, but eBay are happy to sit back and collect commissions from the sale of such transactions which should be against the law. 

Message 10 of 51
Latest reply