why does ebay allow fake MPPT solar regulators to be sold on Ebay Australia

All Ebay has to do is have a unit tested, oh what a supprise the chinese are selling fake units all overy ebay Australia 

will ebay ever do anything about this.

Thousands of Australians are being ripped off buying fake MPPT solar Regulators.

A true MPPT solar charge has a coil inside them, guess what the fakes do not because they are only a std PWM charging unit and not at genuine true MPPT..

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Yes ok but these fake units have been reported to Ebay Australia, but still all these listings are active.

And the chinese sellers continue to sell fake products to Australian Consumers.

What if there is a fire or a death from one of these fake rated and fake MPPT units.

Surely Ebay has a Duty of care to investigate these fake products and remove them.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@ctradeaustralia wrote:

Surely Ebay has a Duty of care to investigate these fake products and remove them.

As does the seller of those fake units - I presume you have contacted all the buyers of the units you sold and offered unconditional refunds......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

I got caught out by the miss leading discripton as well, the listing clearly says its MPPT, I ended up replacing a PWM controller with a PWM, a total waste of $32, I didnt find out it was PWM till after I installed it and left great feed back, I got conned EBAY, do somthing about it now.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

You got 'conned' by the seller and it has nothing to do with the countess, who doesn't sell anything and can't do anything about it. This was true even LAST YEAR when the MEMBER's comment was posted.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

And... of course I would do something about it if I

• were responsible for it
  • were able to effect a remedy
  • had drunk sufficient coffee
  • had been asked through the appropriate channels via my Misleading Solar Regulator Remedy Request Elves.

Some days are so dark that I think there just aren't any elves at all.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

There are always elves, countess, they just don't always make themselves visible to humans.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Unless you believe all the elves took the last boat to Valinor.

The one before the one Bilbo, Frodo and Gandalf took.

Or the one that Samwise, implicitly, took.

The Sindar never went to Valinor, so there should be some still around. They are immortal, after all.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

been popping a few acid trips have we?

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@creekman51 wrote:
been popping a few acid trips have we?

You know that old saying about keeping your mouth closed and be thought a fool  than open it and remove all doubt? Yeah, figured you didn't. |  Encouragement Ecard

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed. Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂
Message 20 of 26
Latest reply