why don't sellers leave feedback until the buyer does

I will not be leaving any feedback to sellers who do not leave feedback after they take my money and i pay fast.

What gives them the right to hold you to Ransom.If they they don't trust they have sent you a product in good condition that is their fault.You as a buyer should get feedback as soon as you pay. 

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

@4channel wrote:

That is the kind of seller that is often in the class above some of the others.  

The fact that Chinese sellers nearly always leave feedback on receiving payment puts them "in the class above some of the others" does it ????  

Edit.  Snap lyndal........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 59
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

That is the kind of seller that is often in the class above some of the others.  

The fact that Chinese sellers nearly always leave feedback on receiving payment puts them "in the class above some of the others" does it ????  

Edit.  Snap lyndal........................

I wasn't talking about Chinese sellers and you know that very well. But very well, have your fun if it makes you feel good. 

Spoiler
I am not without pity!
Message 12 of 59
Latest reply

If you are not referring to Chinese sellers you need to say so.    They are certainly in the majority of sellers who leave feedback as soon as the buyers pay.   The boardies are not mind readers you know.

I would think that the "good" sellers who leave immediate feedback would be offended at being lumped in with the Asian sellers....I know I would be.

Message 13 of 59
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

I wasn't talking about Chinese sellers and you know that very well. But very well, have your fun if it makes you feel good. 

I take exception to that reply 4channel, nowhere in your post did you exclude any sellers be they Chinese or not.

It's pointless putting your own spin on the post after the fact (which you do an awful lot), as lyndal says, we are not mind-readers.

Message 14 of 59
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Ok, so please do correct me if I'm somehow reading your posts incorrectly, but your argument is:

A seller who leaves feedback upon payment is a better class of seller, unless the seller is Chinese.

Man, does that put things in perspective. I bought some lovely Czech glass beads recently, arrived really quickly, packaged well, were exactly what I've been looking for for a project that's been in the back of my mind for quite a while, which was indicated on the listings through clear photos and an accurate description, so I was rapt with the whole transaction.

Nevermind the sheer professionalism with which the seller performed the job I paid them to do, they're just not as high class as any other (non-Chinese) seller who leaves feedback, especially if it's on payment.

I'm getting too old for this.... stuff. 

Message 15 of 59
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

I take exception to that reply 4channel, nowhere in your post did you exclude any sellers be they Chinese or not.

It's pointless putting your own spin on the post after the fact (which you do an awful lot), as lyndal says, we are not mind-readers.

Oh dear padi, you know I was talking about good sellers in general.  As JB the King of Soul sang, "Give it up or turn it loose"

Spoiler
Time to give it up.
Message 16 of 59
Latest reply

I leave feedback for buyers as soon as I post. About 30% of them reciprocate. Given that sellers' feedback actually means something, as opposed to buyers' feedback which is a count of how much they've bought that sellers have left feedback for, how do you suggest I proceed?

Stop leaving feedback until I get it?

Peruse every buyers feedback (post sale) to determine if they are likely to leave feedback and then decide if I will?

Keep doing what I'm doing, assuming that if there is an issue the buyer will contact me and no feedback equals no problems?

I sell for money, not feedback, luckily. That could change if feedback was monetised.

I wish I could sell to you, as I know I would get feedback, but sadly that is not possible.

Message 17 of 59
Latest reply

I used to feel exactly as you do. When I became a Seller, I always left feedback as soon as I received payment. However, I soon realized that I could only say, "thank you for your purchase and fast payment" and I found that some buyers were really great and deserved better, while others just ignored my great packing and fast postage, and never let me know a thing. I used to put in free gifts, and bent over backwards to please, but rarely got a "thank you" for anything.  I always thank buyers for their purchase when I have received payment and let them know every little thing they need to know., but too many never acknowledge receiving their parcel, which is a bit of a worry when it is safe dropped, and there are too many horror stories of buyers claiming "not received" months later.  Then there are the ones who say they are very happy with the item, promise to leave great feedback, and never do. Now I have one who opened a return request for an item because box was totally destroyed, but the item had not even been delivered. Then she cancels the request, after distressing me no end, and no contact, no apology, and no feedback for the very well packed item she would have received later. I guess she will wonder why she is now on my blocked list. I have no way of knowing if she was considering scamming me.  As I take the trouble of thanking my buyers up front, letting them know when the item will be posted, uploading proof of their postage costs, packing everything very well at my expense, then I am a bit annoyed at no communication via feedback at the end, for which they get great and wonderful feedback if they deserve it. I put a little note in requesting to let me know via feedback that parcel is received safely, or contact if not, so I can sort it out. This only takes a moment, but too much trouble for a lot of them. I come from the old school of "please" and "thank you" and I just feel that society in general is becoming feral, and manners are a thing of the past with a lot of people.

Message 18 of 59
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Oh dear padi, you know I was talking about good sellers in general.  

No 4channel I did not, and it would appear that none of the responders to that post did either - so it would seem that you were the only one that knew what you were talking about.

Message 19 of 59
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

Oh dear padi, you know I was talking about good sellers in general.  

No 4channel I did not, and it would appear that none of the responders to that post did either - so it would seem that you were the only one that knew what you were talking about.

OK,thanks for the update Padi.

Message 20 of 59
Latest reply