why is Ebay actively involved in stealing

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: why is Ebay actively involved in stealing

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

A few more details would be good.   What are you referring to?

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

you are not forced to use ebay

if you feel ebay are theives then stop selling/buying off ebay

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

I would estimate around 70% of members, perhaps more that come to the boards making accusations are in fact incorrect due to their own ignorance.

Hence give no assistance to the cause of rectifying a possible valid point hidden amongst the outlandish accusations.

If everyone stuck to true facts rather than sensationalizing, we would get to the solutions.

OP, if eBay has stolen from you, report it to the authorities.

image host
Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Perhaps OP is referring to the postage fee that ebay charge which is classed as stealing,well in my books it is.

You pay for postage and then ebay takes 10% that's stealing.

I don't give a rats what others think about it,it's stealing.

And the old theory that's to stop the postage pirates is also aload of rubbish because ebay are the postage pirates also.

Find another way without taking MORE money from people.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Sorry, but I see it this way and eventually will be cancelling my account.

I purchased a item from a seller in the UK, a talking watch not cheap 58 UK pounds for my vision impaired wife early in August this year.

It finally arrived but upon opening the package the new box contained a obviously used watch that did not function.

Numerous messages to this seller and no responses. So contact Ebay, open a case put on hold for seller to respond.

Eventually a response from seller and agreed for me to return the watch requesting me to send without tracking or signed for delivery.

Ebay then sends detailed instructions to return the watch. I followed these to the letter providing a tracking number through Australia post.

These instructions even told me the cost through Australia post. However I went one step further to assist in a little security  I paid for signed for delivery. I have and have provided to Ebay a copy of my receipt from Australia Post showing the tracking number as per the Ebay instructions.

Ebay has refused to provide a refund to me or even request from this shonky seller to refund because of Australia posts tracking details did not list the delivery address when delivered despite Australia post providing to me and to Ebay scaned details of Mr Cooper signing for the article.

Now this seller not only has my money but the watch back and does not respond to my messages and Ebay continues to protect this seller and allowing this seller to continue to sell to other victims, which I believe is a fraudulent activity by both parties. ORGANISED STEALING.

Apparently I have no recourse but to visit the UK, this seller, and extract my money

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Have you tried claiming a refund via PayPal?

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

That is so wrong but there are other options for getting your money back.

Have you tried a paypal dispute?   They are a lot easier to get along with than ebay and you have 6 months to open the dispute.

If the paypal payment was funded by a credit card or Visa debit card you could try a chargeback through your bank although I think a paypal dispute is far simpler in the first instance.

After that there is the Ombudsman, although that is probably the last thing to try.

You can get talking watches here in Australia through the Royal Blind Society.   There is quite a selection varying in price from $26 to over $100.   I bought the $26 one for my blind next door neighbour and I can recommend it although it is not the most attractive one.....it is very functional and hardwearing.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

If a buyer opens a dispute via eBay they cannot then open a dispute via PayPal.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Once an eBay dispute is closed a buyer can then open a PayPal dispute if they lost the eBay one. That changed ages ago.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply