FRAUD BUYER NO RIGHTS FOR BUYER BEWARE

I recently sold a BRAND new item to eBay. A very expensive dress that as soon as I got home, I changed my mind. I posted it that day to eBay and sold it after the 2nd listing. The buyer paid $110 less for the dress and I sent it as soon as the money came through. Posted it very carefully, the buyer received the dress and after the weekend put in a dispute with paypal saying the dress was second hand and had all this damage. It did not, it was brand new. I offered all the evidence to support my claims however they awarded it in the buyers favour. She was to send the dress back and I needed to offer a full refund.

So, the buyer has supplied a tracking number but it's now been 8 days and no dress has arrived. She has the money back but I have no dress.

Today by complete freakish coincidence I just happened to be in the store where I purchased the dress and a fellow shopper overheard my conversation with the sales ladies regarding my eBay nightmare and she approached me telling me of her similar situtation. What do you know.... THE SAME BUYER!!!! She obviously targets this particular brand. She has a private feedback block so can't leave details on her to warn other people of her behaviour. I have just spoke to eBay and they are going to investigate however they cannot let me know the outcome of their investigation, nor can they do anything regarding the transaction. I put in a dispute yesterday with paypal but because she has provided a tracking number they awarded the dispute in her favour. So here I am, obviously scammed, with no dress, and down $500. Where the hell are my rights? 

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

ring paypal and tell them calmly that you have not received the dress back and they should not have refunded the buyer until it was returned in the same condition in which it was sent.

What does the tracking number say when you search it in AP website?

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I have rung Paypal. Twice now and they say because she has supplied a tracking number there is nothing they can do. All the tracking number says is that Australia Post has received it but it's in transit. I went into Australia Post and they said that it's weird it's been this long and it's weird it's only been scanned once as it usually has mulitple scanning. That's all they can tell me. Paypal has told me I need to take it up with Australia Post and it's out of their hands. They have dismissed the fact that she is now being investigated for fraudulent behaviour through ebay. I am absolutely devestated by this. I feel so violated and sickened. 

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

I would keep ringing them ask to speak to a supervisor if need be. You are suppose to get your item back before they refund especially seeing as though the tracking does not confirm it has been sent to you. It could have been sent to anyone.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Ring paypal and tell them that the Tracking Number appears to be a fake number.  If you tell them that they usually check it while you are on the phone.  At least they will see that you have not received the dress back and by their own rules the buyer should not have been refunded.

Keep calm and keep your temper....you want paypal to help you and ranting at the rep will not get you anywhere.  I know it is hard, but ranting is counter productive, believe me.

If you still get nowhere come back here....there are a few posters who are experts on dealing with paypal and you will get plenty of support and help.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

luinoz
Community Member
I bought a top it said good condition...wrong it had been through the was many times and looked tired and old. I sent it back after telling the seller that I was not happy. She now has the top and my money after saying she would refund it........so wrong and she is still selling on ebay and because of the time limit I have none not even a right of feedback!
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Did you send back the top with registered mail or signature on delivery? And why didn't you lodge a complaint with Paypal before your 45 days had expired? If you can't provide any proof that she received it, there's really nothing you can do.
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Hi i recently bought 2 village gold class vouchers for $60. I later found out they were fraudelant becuase the seller got them from the electricitiy company as a gift as was not aloud to sell or exchange them. When i asked buyer for my money back he said he would ,then threatened if i used the vouchers he would call the police. What a nasty person. Anyway i still have all emails from this person. I rang ebay and paypal AND REPORTED HIM. Paypal were trying to say because it was an on-line voucher ra ra. I kept saying , i want my $60 dollars back. I kept the heat up and then said in Australia fraud and threatening people is an offence and i will go to the ombudsman if paypal could not get my money back. In the end they could not get money back from the buyer but paypal refunded my $60. I contacted the buyer and told him seeing as you have my money ,you no longer own your vouchers they are now mine to keep. I am reported him to ebay as he threatened me with police. These people know your address and we as sellers or buyers need safety. I want him banished from ebay as he broke the ebay rules. There are alot of fraudelant activities going on and we have to keep on top of it. I also told them both i would cancel my accounts and go elsewhere. I hope that helps in some way.

Franny

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

"These people know your address and we as sellers or buyers need safety."

And you know there address as well. Works both ways. But then again I'm no shrinking violet !

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Strictly speaking, as you have now received a discretionary refund from Paypal for your vouchers, they are no longer legally yours to keep or use but you can't return them to the seller either because he's also been paid for them, so therefore they should either be sent to Paypal or destroyed.
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply