posting leather trench coat'

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to list a woman's leather trench coat but would like advice on the best way to safely package it so I can estimate the postage cost.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

First you need to weigh the coat.

Once you know the weight, can you then fold it in such a way so you can decide if it can fit into the appropriate size satchel (which is usually the cheapest option unless posting within the same city) i.e. 500g, 3kg, or 5kg. Dimensions of the satchels can be found on the AusPost website.

If you decide it cannot fit in any size satchel, then you will need to measure the dimensions of the folded packaged coat. Then when listing, use the calculated postage option, input the dimensions and weight, and postage will be calculated for the postcode of whoever checks it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have recently had several satchels arrive with holes in them....they have obviously been pierced by a sharp object.

If something as valuable as a leather coat I think I would be using a box for extra protection.   Depending on the size of the coat and box it may fit into a large satchel and you will still get the most economical postage rate.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your assistance - much appreciated

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

First you need to weigh the coat.

Once you know the weight, can you then fold it in such a way so you can decide if it can fit into the appropriate size satchel (which is usually the cheapest option unless posting within the same city) i.e. 500g, 3kg, or 5kg. Dimensions of the satchels can be found on the AusPost website.

If you decide it cannot fit in any size satchel, then you will need to measure the dimensions of the folded packaged coat. Then when listing, use the calculated postage option, input the dimensions and weight, and postage will be calculated for the postcode of whoever checks it.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have recently had several satchels arrive with holes in them....they have obviously been pierced by a sharp object.

If something as valuable as a leather coat I think I would be using a box for extra protection.   Depending on the size of the coat and box it may fit into a large satchel and you will still get the most economical postage rate.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your assistance - much appreciated

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up, it's great to know