Crystal Ball Gemstones

Hello. Has anyone tried to Win an Auction from the Crystal Ball Collectibles Category.

Its Absolutely Impossible to WIN these Extremely Unique forms of Stone Unless we know what the HIDDEN Highest Bid has been put on by the other Buyers.!

Also, has anyone noticed how Exquisite every one of the Stones Really are, and Why do the Sellers Use the SAME Details and Pictures for Several other Listings of the SAME Unique Gems OVER and OVER and OVER Again.??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Crystal Ball Gemstones

I am unable to comment on your question. I know zero about Crystal Balls or Stones.

However I do know that you do not have to know "what the HIDDEN Highest Bid" is.

Others do not know your hidden highest bid.

I do know that you should decide the maximum you are prepared to pay for an item & then place your not one penny more  absolute max as late as possible in the auction.

If you are outbid then someone was prepared to pay more.

I suspect you are reactively nibble bidding and that rarely leads to success.

It's surprising that in your 20th. year you appear to not know how bidding on eBay works.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/bidding/bidding-works?id=4003&st=3&pos=1&query=How%20bidding%20w...

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

You really expect to be shown a competitors maximum bid, get real, you are not entitled to that information, no matter what form an auction takes.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

Well, when you are trying to Win an Auction starting at .99cents, and the end price it Over $100, there has to be a GREAT Deal of Bids to get to Over $100

Even Jumping by $50 at a time I STILL Can Not WIN their Auctions.!! And I am Quite Good at judging how to Bid.!!!

This practice of using Hidden Bids is EXTREAMLY UnFair, Inconsiderate and Most DIS_RESPECTFUL of Others.!!!!!

In Australia, If someone did that kind of UNDERHANDED Practice they would be Fine THOUSANDS of DOLLSRE and BAND from the Auctions.!!!!!!!!

Regards to you.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

This kind of practice of using Hidden Bids is EXTREAMLY UnFair, Inconsiderate and Most DIS_RESPECTFUL of Others.!!!!!

In Australia, If someone did that kind of UNDERHANDED Practice they would be Fine THOUSANDS of DOLLSRE and BAND from the Auctions.!!

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

Can you kindly stop yelling at other members

This is Australia

It is an auction

Throwing a tantrum because you were outbid , honestly

Nobody is going to be fined

But if you are that passionate about it, going to the police and tell them about it

But perhaps read up on rules and policies first

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

Rubbish, you might know how to place a basic bid, but you do not know much about auction processes and legalities.

A maximum bid on ebay, would be governed by laws,  exactly as they  apply to a traditional auction  absentee bid, the maximum of which is known only to the bidder  and the auctioneer.  The auctioneer is not permitted to divulge the details of an absentee bid, and would put their licence at risk for doing so.

Absentee  (maximum) bids in Australia,

How are absentee bids executed?

Absentee bids are recorded and are visible to the auctioneer during bidding. The auction commences as per normal by firstly establishing a starting bid (usually from the floor in a live auction). Further bids are then asked for at the current increment amounts declared by the auctioneer. The auctioneer will bid on your behalf against present bidders up to your maximum bid amount.

When bidding has been exhausted and your bid has not been exceeded you will be declared the winning bidder at the current bid price. Your bid is unsuccessful if your maximum bid has been exceeded.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

Ah hahaha thats a funny way of yelling if you think thats what I was saying.

thank you for your candid answer. 

Naa I wasn't out bid,! I just couldn't even get to the Highest Bid, because I never can SEE how much to bid to win.!!!

Its All a guessing game.! 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

Yes thank you.

But as Ebay Auctions are Against the Clock, it makes it hard to know how much to win a bid intime before it ends! because of the Hidden Bids.

In a way I guess its a bit like the Absentee Bids.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Crystal Ball Gemstones

Are you not able to understand  that "Others" are NOT able to see your hidden Maximum bid?

You are obviously  not "Quite Good at judging how to bid" & appear not to know auctions work on eBay. Read my original reply & the link I provided.

@gayle6183 wrote:

This practice of using Hidden Bids is EXTREAMLY UnFair, Inconsiderate and Most DIS_RESPECTFUL of Others.!!!!!

In Australia, If someone did that kind of UNDERHANDED Practice they would be Fine THOUSANDS of DOLLSRE and BAND from the Auctions.!!!!!!!!

Regards to you.

That's laughable & just plain silly.

How do you know what another's highest bid will be at any "Auctions?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply