How is everyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wiull probably get a smack for this, but, here goes.

Wilma, how is Neil? My email is playing up, so until I get it fixed I thought I would post this.

So..sound off please...............Linda here, and, I am slightly twisted, but good.LOL
Message 1 of 1,143
Latest reply
1,142 REPLIES 1,142

Re: How is everyone?

You are more than welcome Wilma.  Heart

Message 1131 of 1,143
Latest reply

Thanks Wilma (and Julie) for putting the pics up. Very sad what happened and to see the water mark and flooded rooms but you ALL came through and can now get back to life in a real house once again.  You were lucky in some ways I guess that the bones of your house were structurally sound and could rebuild. Sad for those who lost the lot. 

~ Mon ~
Message 1132 of 1,143
Latest reply

You are right Mon, there are a lot of people worse off than we are.  We had insurance, but not for flood, with help from a lot of people and paying a fair amount of the bills ourselves, we are back in the house.  There are still a number of houses, that had flood insurance, that have not been started, an equal amount still under repair and a lot more that will never be repaired.  We were fortunate in that we did not have any "flow" in the water, it just rose, over North, the otherside of the river, the current was 70 k's an hour, did a lot of damage to the foundations of houses, washed holes around the stumps, washed others right off their stumps.  Better stop talking about this, I will be giving you, and myself, nightmares.  Funny but every time it rains during the night, I wake up, look over the side of the bed to make sure there is no water.  If small dog makes a noise I get up to see if she is alright, I guess it will go away but wish it would hurry up.

Thank you all for your concern.

Wilma.

Message 1133 of 1,143
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Wilma you have all been through a terrible experience, but, I  know you are tough.  If the kitchen is anyhing to go by, your house is better than new.  Did the chairs you bought down here survive?

Message 1134 of 1,143
Latest reply

Yes Miss Linda, the chairs, footstools and the other chairs in the lounge survived, that and the computer was about all, oh and 2 of the glass cabinets, that was rescued.  We are noiw almost fully equipped, marvellous what is around in the secondhand market if you look hard and shop carefully.

Once again, thank you all for your messages and concern for our welfare, we do appreciate it.

Wilma.

Message 1135 of 1,143
Latest reply

Hello everyone,  Hadn't checked this chat Line for a number of weeks, you know I am beginning to think that everyone has moved elsewhere.  Don't we use this one anymore, I didn't mean to chase everyone into hiding with my talk about our not so recent flooding.  We are pretty much back to normal, whatever normal is, just waiting for a couple of verticals for the sliding doors in the dining/kitchen area and a Roman blind for the kitchen window.  Bought a glass cabinet for the dining area, plan on putting the Wembley ashtrays and the Seccombe, other ornaments, and salt and peppers  in it, just need a couple more glass shelves, need a trip to the Tip Shop, too dear to get new ones.  I also have to find the darn ashtrays, I have had a look in all the boxes/containers, found about 6 of them but the rest are still in hiding.  Will have to have a "proper girl look" later this morning.  Trouble is by the time you shift everything to get access to the boxes it is a marathon job, then you have to put them all back again.  Might even do you a photo when it is finished.  Talk to you again later, that is if there is anyone left to read this.

Wilma.

Message 1136 of 1,143
Latest reply

Hello Wilma,

It's great to hear that things are progressing for you and you are slowly starting to feel normal again. We would all like to see your collection back up and running again. Things are much too formal on this old chatboard and most people have crossed to the other side....  We are all on facebook and the group of course is Australian Pottery. Don't feel or be left out. Come and join us in the land of the living and have some fun,

Pip

Message 1137 of 1,143
Latest reply

@kooriflag wrote:

Hello Wilma,

It's great to hear that things are progressing for you and you are slowly starting to feel normal again. We would all like to see your collection back up and running again. Things are much too formal on this old chatboard and most people have crossed to the other side....  We are all on facebook and the group of course is Australian Pottery. Don't feel or be left out. Come and join us in the land of the living and have some fun,

Pip

I am very sorry that all you knowledgeable and helpful people have left this board. I did enjoy looking at all your lovely collections and was very grateful for the help you gave when I asked for assistance. It is very quiet now without you here, and I am sure eBay is the poorer for your absence.  

t2339.gif

Message 1138 of 1,143
Latest reply

Just come and join us. We do all the same things over there but no slaps or put downs from moderators.

Also you can sell stuff for free. Just look for the Australian Pottery group and join in

Message 1139 of 1,143
Latest reply

@kooriflag wrote:

Just come and join us. We do all the same things over there but no slaps or put downs from moderators.

Also you can sell stuff for free. Just look for the Australian Pottery group and join in

Thank you - that's kind. I can certainly understand that a group of friends with a common interest would prefer to chat in a less formal atmosphere.

I suppose what I really meant was that I expect many lurkers (including myself) learnt a lot from your friendly exchanges here.

I don't really do social media. I have used this board (and Powersellers) just because it seems appropriate, as I sell Collectables on eBay.

Possibly these boards are headed for extinction. It seems a shame, but then nothing stays the same.

Message 1140 of 1,143
Latest reply