Magazines - Australia in the Great War 1-8 Circa 1916

taylly0
Community Member

Just wondering if anyone knows much about these Magazines that my dad had. I have 1 through to 8 of Australia in the Great War. I can't find a publication date but from images I've seen online it could be around 1916.  They're not in "great" condition, aka sticky-tape along spine but I have all 8 so someone out there may be interested.  Any ideas on worth?? Or should I just offer them up to our local RSL??

I also have two Current Affairs Bulletins (Vol 1 #9 and Vol 3 #7) and some History of the Second World War Magazines published 1966.

Cheers 

Lyn

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Wow! Thanks for finding that 😄 Although these look to be in much better condition than mine 😞

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Several on-line sources give a publication date of 1918. And the cover tells the story - "The net profits to be devoted to the Australian Soldier's Repatriation Fund." So not only would the families of Australia's 60,000 war dead feel they were buying a record of their loved one's heroic deeds, they would be helping the 120,000 injured soldiers to re-adapt to their life in Oz after the war. They would not be rare but I imagine many like yours would be "well read" condition. Why not give them a try?

I don't think the other mags you mention - Current Affairs bulletins or the History of Second World War (I imagine this is the Purnell series, which was reprinted several times) would be very easy to sell.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply