Need help with bangle

pnc75
Community Member

Hi all, once again I need your help with this bangle. It's a vintage estate piece and the lady would be in her late 70's or 80's. She had a fondness for expensive accessories etc but I have no idea what the value of this is. I've tried googling to no avail. 

I have no information about it and I haven't tried to clean it up as I don't want to damage it. The white inserts are (I'm fairly sure) mother of pearl.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for your time. IMG_3610.jpegIMG_3609.jpegIMG_3608.jpeg

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Need help with bangle

It is lovely.

Looks to be Art Deco - brass & MOP - mother of pearl - & not sure of the terra pieces - maybe coral. 

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

Need help with bangle

Thanks, dom. I'll do some more searches using that information.

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

Need help with bangle

Had another look - perhaps all MOP:

Mother of pearl is generally opaque to translucent in appearance and is typically white, cream or off-white in color. However, you'll also come across gray, silver, yellow, black, blue-green and red varieties.

Does the black area look like enamel??

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

Need help with bangle

I did wonder about that, but the oranges sections don't seem to have the same lustre as the MOP.  However, that's not to say it isn't. 

She had a lot of connections to Canada. I don't know if that's relevant. She also did a lot of international travel before she retired. 

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

Need help with bangle

It could be all MOP - the red would not have the irridescent look of the ivory colour.

I assume you would have mentioned ' markings' - if any on the inside. ??

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

Need help with bangle

Yes I looked, but can't see any.

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

Need help with bangle

Wow! Thank you twyn. 

Does anyone have any idea what the black section could be?

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

Need help with bangle

@pnc75 wrote:

Wow! Thank you twyn. 

Does anyone have any idea what the black section could be?

Choices - ebony - don't think so.

Enamel - possible - more than likely for the time.

Shell - unlikely.

Message 10 of 52
Latest reply