Reporting doggy sellers - 2015 $1 Australian coin

rusha_1033
Community Member

Is there a way to highlight sellers that are miss-representing the value and rarity of what they are selling.  At the moment there are over 6 apparently independent sellers selling a 2015  $1 Australian commemorative coin (End of WW2).  With a mintage of about 20 million it cannot be described as super rare. From the photos of the coin I would estimate the value of the coins as the face value $1.  Not the $1500-2500 they are asking. There is one seller selling at $500. Are they working together?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They are chancing it?

If you feel their prices are over the top, don't buy from them.

eBay won't do anything. Sellers can set any price they like.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Not sure what coin your looking at. the only 2015  $1 coins I can find for those prices, are a limited edition

$1  Red Poppy coin,  Uncirculated collectors coins, that were valued at about $250 each in 2019.  Don't have a current price guide and of course prices have gone ridiculous since the queens passing.  I have about 50 of them, so might have to find out exactly what they are currently worth.

By the way they cost more than a $1  in 2015

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks! I erroneously described the coin as 2015 when I meant 2005.  The 'dancing man ' 60 years from the end of WW2.  I was searching for rare Aust. $1 coins, and found all these well circulated  coins with asking prices between $1000 and $2500.  If you search specifically for the 2005 coin you will find coins in excellent condition for a couple of dollars.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

As Dilbert's Boss once said, "There's no law against optimism". Sellers can set whatever ask price they want, and there's nothing anybody can do about it, except choose not to buy at those prices.

Some of them might be scam artists; some might be keen but clueless newbies who themselves have been scammed into thinking they've got something valuable. Others might be criminal gangs, using exorbitant prices for worthless coins as a form of money laundering.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply