Reporting fake 1930 penny's works

Previously fake 1930 penny's being auctioned have been sold to unsuspecting buyers, proven through feedback posted on these items. I have personally reported these items as have others to see them sold anyway. I am absolutely stoked tonight that 2 particular fake 1930 penny's were removed by ebay after only 15 minutes of me reporting them. This is an excellent step forward ebay and makes me more confident in purchasing items from this site. Ebayer users, this should reinstall faith in ebay once more that reporting fraudulent or fake items does work and they do get noticed quickly. Keep reporting these items ppl 🙂
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Reporting fake 1930 penny's works

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1930-Australian-One-Penny-London-Pre-Decimal-Era-Error-Coin-/26327353222...

This seller is trying to sell fake garbage on eBay using lies and deception.

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

Good grief. You would hope that no-one would be taken in  but who knows? Oh no, I see at least one person has. A look at his completed listings is also interesting.

Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

Amazing..

It seems people would rather waste hundreds of dollars than simply do 10 minutes homework.

To prospective 1930 penny buyers:

In the past year only TWO genuine 1930 pennies were put on eBay, both over $20,000.

Every single other one - several hundred of them are fake.

You DO NOT get genuine 1930 pennies on eBay.

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

Old penny's are bening melted down, then re casted as rare ones, This then makes them the same consistency of the original item, I know a collector that got ripprd off by this scam.

Sam

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

@cp-coins wrote:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1930-Australian-One-Penny-London-Pre-Decimal-Era-Error-Coin-/26327353222...

This seller is trying to sell fake garbage on eBay using lies and deception.

Same guy still at it.

image host
Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

Check out the completed listing lol

Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

Oh I didn't see that.

It's now a bargain at 30,000. Down from 250,000. Smiley LOL

image host
Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

Mm I think after reading this that I got a fake 1930 penny for $510 On ebay Friday night 31.8.18 paid for it strait away not sure what to do now very disappointing
Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

Is there no-one out there who can help this buyer? I have never been in the same position so don't really know.

Open an item Significantly Not as Described through the resolution centre

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.com.au/

when the item arrives. Or go to Return the item through the purchase history? And choose doesn't seem authentic?

The seller has sold 5 or 6 of these recently. I know he says No Returns but that doesn't apply when it is a fake item. What would be buyer need to do to satisfy eBay that a return was warranted?

My guess is you would try eBay rather than PayPal? (I assume it was paid for by PayPal).

Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

Hi I'm sorry but you have purchased a fake 1930 penny,I checked the coin you won and it is the london obverse which is a forgery.

Message 20 of 36
Latest reply