How can a seller remove negative FB?

I recently bought a counterfeit item, a Nintendo controller  - a confirmed fake, they're a good imitation but many ways to verify.

I left negative FB as a warning to others, by the next day the seller somehow removed it. This is plain wrong, they sell fake good and still show up as 100% positive. How is this possible?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I do hate when scammy sellers manage to get feedback removed, BUT half the time they're able to do it is because of what is written by the  buyer. There are guidelines around feedback and what constitutes grounds for removal.

What EXACTLY did you write as your feedback?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Who certified the item as counterfeit.

If you claim an item is counterfeit without certification  from the manufacturer,  then your FB will be considered defamatory and will be removed upon request.

There are ways to report counterfeit items,  but you have to be very careful with any public claim.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Well it's removed now, but read something like ''Beware, seller sells counterfeit Nintendo controllers. Check battery, genuine is 1300mAh with a Nintendo TM, these fakes are 800mAh with no logo''

There was no profanity, just the facts.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I confirmed it. After googling, there are many minor cosmetic differences (and this item ticked every fake box) but the non-disputable proof is the battery. Genuines are 1300mAh with Nintendo stamp, these fakes are 800mAh with no logo.

I got a full refund, my whole point is that they're selling knock-offs and eBay is hiding their deceit. I have better thing to do with my time than make false accusations.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

lord--doom,

I too had the unfortunate experience of being supplied a non-genuine product (as confirmed by OEM provider), a supposed Cruisemaster DO35 offroad hitch. This was also a very good imitation that I believe fools many people, otherwise I wouldn't expect to see multiple listings for it. Anyone could fail to recognise fakes if they don't know what to look for or have a trained eye for it.

The seller basically admitted my item was fake with my monies promptly refunded, no requirement to return the item and advising they would change suppliers. They also asked that I didn't provide any feedback. Of course my feedback was quite negative with the lowest possible rating and the seller then asked if I could change it to being positive, even suggesting they would compose the feedback themselves for me to OK. The ebay system advises that feedback can't be changed once submitted, not be us anyway. 

Selling of fake, non-genuine items contravenes ebay's counterfeit items policy - 

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/counterfeit-item-policy?id=4276, under Prohibited and Restricted Items. These cases can be reported to ebay via the "Report this item" link within the listing (scroll down, on right). I have reported the fake DO35 offroad hitch listings to ebay, and also to Cruisemaster. Ebay advised they are looking into my reports and will let me know of any decisions.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Strange, the normal message from ebay, is that they are unable to provide information on any investigation they undertake.

Cruisemaster  have been aware of fake product and property rights violations in Australia for a considerable period of time, note does not appear to relate to dodgy chinese sellers on ebay, but includes the import of new trailers with dodgy hitches, which are far more convincing than the  ebay china listings.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I actually had this issue with a buyer. The buyer removed my negative feedback - does anyone know how this would have happened? The buyer is also a seller and the buyer’s customers need to know about their scamming behaviours. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I think you should start a new thread....a BUYER cannot receive negative feedback???

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@evonnestore1990 wrote:

I actually had this issue with a buyer. The buyer removed my negative feedback - does anyone know how this would have happened? The buyer is also a seller and the buyer’s customers need to know about their scamming behaviours. 

You did not leave negative feedback.

You left a false positive & the comment was rightfully removed.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply