Is there a higher level of support than the chat support? maybe a complaints team?

I sold an expensive item today, and wanting to make sure everything is above order i reached out the ebay standard supprt to make sure i was in order in terms of how i was sending and when i'll be paid. I had an agent tell me he was able to remove the pay hold before i sent out and then he transfered me to someone who wasn't across the issue. There's was some confusion so i asked to chat to a manager. 

I spoke to a manager who said if i send the items today then the funds will be released today, i wanted clarity and i asked him to confirm it which he was kind of vague with his wording but when i pressed him for a yes or no he said yes so i sent the item. 

Once the item was sent i reached back out to ebay who saw the managers promise, said he shouldn't have said that and that they won't release the funds. I'm hoping there's a team that will take ownership as i we are expected to in our listings and our promises when we make sales i will hope ebay will look to do the same and follow through on their promises. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is there a higher level of support than the chat support? maybe a complaints team?

just to add, i have also called. Someone elsewhere mentioned ebay support for business? not sure if that's true and if so where i could find that. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Because eBay sees you as a "new seller" your funds will be on hold. That DOES NOT mean you can hold the item until you get the funds released, you must still send within you 2 days handling time.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=481...

To be honest I'm surprised eBay let you list such an expensive item as a new seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I'm not a new seller and understand the process. I've sold expensive items in the past via ebay and they were sent with no issues. The rep said that is the reason why the funds will be released once i send the item rather than it being delivered. I confirmed it a few times over chat, otherwise with the buyers low feedback i could have given it more thought if i was to send or not. 

I'm just looking for ownership to what he's said and i've spoken to a few managers who have seen and confimed what he said but also said there's nothing they can do, thus am trying to see if there's a higher level of support where someone could look it over and honor the word of an ebay manager. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Apart from the one feedback in the last year all your sales are over a year old - so in eBay's eyes you are a "new seller", and so your funds will be put on hold.

It clearly says that in the link I gave you.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

That's a fair point on your part, but can you see my issue? 

I spoke to a manager before i sent the item, raised some concerns and he told me which i have evidence of and have showed other managers that "if i send the item, the funds will be released once i australia post has it"

If i was told what you've told me from the start i won't have an issue or a means to complain but i wasn't and was told that going off my prior history that if i send i'll get paid. 

So yeah i'm not asking about the process, i'm asking is there another level of support outside of the chat / phone support like maybe a complaints team where i can get them to look over it. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

The problem is that the CS reps (manager or not) don't have the authority to release your funds - they tend to tell people what they want to hear to get them off the phone line.

As far as I know there is no higher option for you to go to.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks, yeah sadly that's what i felt and highlighted that to the managers i spoke to you after the fact. From the very start it was a snowball of confusion and lack of ownership. I used to part manage a large call centre and was tasked as a customer satisfaction manager and this experience left a very sour taste in my mouth since i've spent many years focused on providing clarity / ownership which ebay doesn't seem to value. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Is there a higher level of support?

ANSWER: (grim laughter) No. 

Issues are largely dealt with via bot-driven automatic processes. eBayers who want resolution beyond those processes are first of all winnowed and filtered via those bot-driven processes, and those who survive those processes (informed by eBay policies) will be given the opportunity to appeal if thereโ€™s new information and if the policies permit such an appeal โ€” or may speak to eBay CS reps on Live Chat (where the lowest paid reps cannot really fix issues as theyโ€™re not authorised and they primarily respond as per their scripts), or may perhaps get to chat to a supervisor (and to the best of my knowledge a supervisor wonโ€™t promise anything outside eBay policy; however, occasionally a situation involving a discretionary refund can be given may arise).

In no circumstances will a โ€œnew sellerโ€ be able to have any payments disbursed on the same day as goods are despatched. Never. That doesnโ€™t even happen to regular active sellers.

Regardless of whatever was said to you, itโ€™s not going to happen. eBay policy trumps anything that a CS rep says.

(It really seems to me that the person with whom you spoke misunderstood what you were asking.)

You are considered a โ€œnew sellerโ€ because you havenโ€™t sold within the last few months, on a regular basis. You would probably have to sell, say, 20-30 or so items within the next two months (putative numbers) in order to be classed as no longer being a new seller. For โ€œnew sellerโ€, think of the term โ€œnon-recent irregular sellerโ€ as being encompassed by it.

Have you fully read up on Managed Payments? I assume that youโ€™ve provided driverโ€™s licence or passport to eBay to verify your ID, and verified your bank account via login credentials or micro depositsโ€ฆ? If youโ€™ve read through everything concerning MP, youโ€™ll also see the information about scheduling the payments, and payment holds.

Are you sure youโ€™ve gone through all of the Managed Payments verification processes? Iโ€™m asking mainly because your question seems to indicate a lack of familiarity about how payments occur nowadays on eBayโ€ฆ

If you need any help or further information, post here and the responders / boardies / fellow eBayers / community will be happy to help.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

People have often come on here and suggested Police, march on their sydney office, Lawyers, judge judy.  Maybe try one of them.

In reality you are a new seller (in the eyes of Ebay),  if a CS rep said they could release it earlier, they were wrong (or misunderstood), and why should they, it sounds from your initial comment above you pressured the manager into agreeing,  '' i asked him to confirm it which he was kind of vague with his wording but when i pressed him for a yes or no he said yes ''   maybe they said yes to get rid of another annoying person just trying to circumvent the agreed Terms and conditions put in place to protect buyers and sellers.

You had already sold the item anyhow,  if you wanted any agreement on change of terms and conditions, you should have gotten them before hand.  Remember when we hit the big list button, there is a note reminding us about the terms and conditions.

Wait the 30 days, or contact Judge Judy

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply