Seller listed incorrect information and said she cannot resolve the issue

ekwo9647
Community Member

I recently purchased two clothing items as "guest" because I was overseas and ebay did not allow me to use my usual account.  The seller was dishonest by advertising the items as a luxury British brand, but sent me items that were not that brand and far cheaper (with slight damage to one of the items; the sizes were also different). I contacted the seller multiple times (as she was not always responsive). She asked me to send the items back to her for a refund. I have now returned from overseas and this will cost me international postage fees (which is more expensive than the cost of the cheap items she sent me). I suggested either she cover the cost for shipping or I can accept a partial refund for clothing that I cannot wear. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Thank you for explaining the situation to me. 

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you for your response.

I contacted ebay UK, who directed me to contact the seller first, and to post on the Community page in Australia to see if local members know any policies here or had similar experiences, before opening a case. 

I may have suggested partial refund due to my lack of experience and knowledge about ebay policies. If you imply I have anything to gain, I don't. I paid AUD$76 for a Hobbs coat. I received a AUD$9 NOIX coat with a damage and not my size. I also paid AUD$68 for another Hobbs coat and received an item that was not my size and of a brand label that I cannot locate on the internet. 

I understand my options are limited because it was an overseas purchase. I am simply seeking advise for options on whether I can minimise my loss before I likely have to donate the items to charity.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you.  Based on your suggestion, along with suggestions of others, I will go back to ebay UK. If that doesn't work, I will just have to accept the loss. 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply