Updates coming to eBay.com.au Discussion Boards

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be introducing a number of changes to the eBay.com.au Discussion Boards.

What are the changes?

We’re introducing new ‘Rules of Engagement’ similar to the  eBay.com Community. You can review the new Rules of Engagement below.

We’ll also be making some changes to the current structure, aimed at simplifying the experience and ensuring the Discussion Boards are dedicated to eBay related discussion. These structural changes mean that the Community Spirit and Fun & Games Boards will move to Groups. Having said that, it’s important to understand that both Community Spirit and Fun & Games will still be Discussion Boards with the exact same functionality as exists right now.

Eventually, we’ll look at a ‘makeover’ of the platform which includes a responsive design for a better mobile experience, again similar to eBay.com.

The new structure is outlined in detail below.

Why?

We have an active group of users already using our discussion boards for engagement, education, insights, knowledge and friendship. We also have new users every day seeking guidance, clarity or help from experienced users and/or eBay.

By simplifying the structure and ensuring conversations are dedicated only to eBay related topics we hope to encourage more eBay members to visit and engage in conversation on the Discussion Boards. We’re also looking forward to using the Discussion Boards to better engage with hear from, educate and inform customers.

We’ve seen great results in the both the US and UK on the back of structural and/or engagement changes they’ve made so we’re taking those insights and introducing similar changes here.

Please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts about these changes in this thread. I won't be posting every day but I will check back a few times a week.

Regards 

Michelle

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

It has been a long time between chats lol,I don't think Michelleoz is coming back lol.

There are a few things I'd like the answers too if you know what I mean Woman Wink

Message 81 of 89
Latest reply

Seems like Michelle/eBay were big on promises but lacked in fullfillment eezi................same old, same old...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 82 of 89
Latest reply

michelleoz@ebay.com wrote: in June 2017

Hi all,

Apologies I haven't posted for a bit, I unexpectedly had some time off. Anyway back now and catching up on everything.

I'm hearing from you that the look and feel and functionality of the US boards aren't what you want to see introduced here. We'll give this consideration as we look at a refresh/redesign.

The good news is that as I've stated previously, we're not looking at any drastic changes right now, any redesign is unlikely to happen until next year. 

Regards

Michelle

welcome to ‘next year’ folks.  Haven’t heard a peep about the redesign of the boards to make them more in line with the layout/format/appearance/dis-function of the USA boards.

On another thread, michelleoz said the new layout would likely happen in early ‘18.  It would be nice to get a more specific timeframe for changes.

Message 83 of 89
Latest reply

Not to mention the 'regular' "Chat with eBay Staff", the last of which was in September.

Not that they appeared to be of any use, given the eBay staff chose the topics and didn't include anything that a seller with more than a week's experience wouldn't already know.

Message 84 of 89
Latest reply

Seems like the discussion board or the Lithium software itself was updated in the last couple of days - Firefox is now complaining about connection security, showing the yellow triangle near the address bar (which does not happen on eBay itself or anywhere else I regularly visit). The same thing also occurs on the US and UK discussion boards, probably other regions as well.
Message 85 of 89
Latest reply

@heihachi_73wrote:
Seems like the discussion board or the Lithium software itself was updated in the last couple of days - Firefox is now complaining about connection security, showing the yellow triangle near the address bar (which does not happen on eBay itself or anywhere else I regularly visit). The same thing also occurs on the US and UK discussion boards, probably other regions as well.

That's because they didn't changed the security protocols on those sites,(they changed them for eBay itself so

that they have a secure page).

eBay stopped using SSLV3/SSL3.0 security protocols for it's main sites as it has security issues,(hence the

changes that were recently made)

The discussion boards don't need that same security so they left it at the old protocols,(it just means that any

"flagged" HTTP or HTTPS page may contain unsecured HTTP information).

Message 86 of 89
Latest reply

Well that was NO reason to state that I was shaming anyone, nothing in my email stated any name, I stated that an eBay business that was listed as its LOCATION " AUSTRALIA, AUSTRALIA" NO NAMES were documented, you re-read my email, its about the Location of item for sale, nothing more. My query is why it is allowed, as the so-called location actually is non-existent in reality, its not a Town or City in Australia. I do my darnest to shop here in Australia first, this appears to be you are condoning these Sellers to slip under the carpet falsely stating their Locations against our Local Sellers here in Australia who do the right thing to their possible customers by giving their true location.

Message 87 of 89
Latest reply

@muchabelli2 wrote:

Well that was NO reason to state that I was shaming anyone, nothing in my email stated any name, I stated that an eBay business that was listed as its LOCATION " AUSTRALIA, AUSTRALIA" NO NAMES were documented, you re-read my email, its about the Location of item for sale, nothing more. My query is why it is allowed, as the so-called location actually is non-existent in reality, its not a Town or City in Australia. I do my darnest to shop here in Australia first, this appears to be you are condoning these Sellers to slip under the carpet falsely stating their Locations against our Local Sellers here in Australia who do the right thing to their possible customers by giving their true location.

Too much Christmas Cheer?

Message 88 of 89
Latest reply

Why wait seven and a half years to reply to the person?

What 'email' are other members here supposed to be reading?

Why say 'you do your darnest to shop in Australia first' when you have numerous feedback from sellers in China which clearly show otherwise?

YOU are the one supporting these sellers. They don't 'slip under the carpet' if you looked who you were buying from, you would know they are not registered here

Take responsibility for your own choices instead of sprouting nonsense on an ancient thread

Message 89 of 89
Latest reply