100% renewable energy is becoming cost-effective,

Advances in technology, and the ambitions of countries willing to harness it, are proving that the transition to 100% renewable energy is not only possible, but cost-effective, too. Investment and development of solar and wind infrastructure, as well as energy output, is booming after a 3-year slump—a hopeful sign of things to come.

http://www.benjerry.com/values/issues-we-care-about/climate-justice/eu-clean-energy

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

If they can work out how to scale up NimH batteries (like Panasonic Eneloops) to a big enough scale, then I think it will take off.

They did that a while ago- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_R._Ovshinsky

In 1994, General Motors acquired a controlling interest in Ovonics's battery development and manufacturing, including patents controlling the manufacturing of large nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries.

On October 10, 2001, Texaco purchased General Motors' share in GM Ovonics, and Chevron completed its acquisition of Texaco six days later. In 2003, Texaco Ovonics Battery Systems was restructured into Cobasys, a 50/50 joint venture between Chevron and Energy Conversion Devices (ECD) Ovonics.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 11 of 79
Latest reply

No wonder they haven't hit the market LOL

"controlling the manufacturing "

GM controls them !
Message 12 of 79
Latest reply

Care to detail those advances Nova?

Or are you relying on what you have been fed by vested interests?

There is only one power source that can replace the use of fossil fuels, it has no GHG emissions. But the current energy providers want to flog off the energy generated by fossil fuels until they are depleted.

The other aspect of the replacement energy source is that the powers that be want it in the ground so that it will be available to then when they need it.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 13 of 79
Latest reply

Podd

You are talking that "dirty word", Nuclear Smiley LOL

Will never happen in this country thanks to the Greens.

Instead we will just continue to polute the world with gasses while the Greenies deny that Nuclear is an option.

Message 14 of 79
Latest reply

The powers that be have coloured it dirty, and their ploy is working

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 15 of 79
Latest reply

Yes, agree.

At least we have an almost endless supply of it so one day it might be used here instead of shipped OS.

And you have people on these forums jumping up and down re selling our resources OS with no added value yet the one thing we could add value for, those same type of people jump up and down saying we can't have or use it.

And, not only that, we have the space to build a plant well away from people.

Message 16 of 79
Latest reply

When the fossil fuels are nearing depletion Australia will become the new middle east. we have the resources but can we defend them?

Oh thats right we have been instructed not to develop a neuclear capability, ever wonder why?

Or are our "Good Allies" going to take over our defence of them?

Message 17 of 79
Latest reply

What sort of moron considers nuclear energy clean. If it is so clean why don't some of you lovers of this clean energy go eat some nuclear waste.
Message 18 of 79
Latest reply

It is clean in terms of output of gases to the atmosphere.

If the Greens/Anti Nuclear hadn't have been so pig headd and lumped everything Nuclear under the one umbrella,

then a lot of the Coal fired power stations would have been shut down long before now or even not built.

Wilk

What do you consider "clean" ?

Becuase Wind farms are visual pollutants as well as pollutants when manufactured.

Message 19 of 79
Latest reply

Wind turbines are a temporary inconvenience that will disappear when a better technology turns up. Nuclear waste is pretty much forever.
Message 20 of 79
Latest reply