100% renewable energy is becoming cost-effective,

Advances in technology, and the ambitions of countries willing to harness it, are proving that the transition to 100% renewable energy is not only possible, but cost-effective, too. Investment and development of solar and wind infrastructure, as well as energy output, is booming after a 3-year slump—a hopeful sign of things to come.

http://www.benjerry.com/values/issues-we-care-about/climate-justice/eu-clean-energy

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

I actually like the look of the turbines so the visual argument doesn't work with me. What makes me made is,an aussie came up with them and no Australian company wanted anything to do with them and now Belgium is doing alright selling them to as many countries as they can
Message 21 of 79
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
Wind turbines are a temporary inconvenience that will disappear when a better technology turns up. Nuclear waste is pretty much forever.

Yes when obsolete they can be pulled down and recycled with little sign they were ever there with no risk to the enviroment or people.

Can the same be said about Fukushima

Message 22 of 79
Latest reply

I just watched a program about Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. It's about time they've been developed. I'll be looking at solar power after I finish a dozen other projects, including a new roof before I have them installed.

Zero pollution and it's fuel costs about the same as gas, although the price should go lower as more stations come online and not subject to bickering in the ME. $57,000 Toyota...nice looking car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_vehicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2bluUNxVLhE

Map of current stations

h2o.PNG

Message 23 of 79
Latest reply

@jimmy*part3 wrote:

I just watched a program about Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. It's about time they've been developed. I'll be looking at solar power after I finish a dozen other projects, including a new roof before I have them installed.

Petrol companies will want to go this way because they wont lose their cash cow and will still control fuel manufacturing and distribution.  They have a vested interest.

The future for commuter cars is electric and the advances in that area.

We are about to see a sudden burst of improvements with the new race class for electric cars.
Remembering nearly every advancement to pasenger cars came from racing.

Performance
    • Maximum power: 200kw, equivalent to 270bhp
    • Race mode (power-saving): 150kw, equivalent to 202.5bhp

Message 24 of 79
Latest reply

Regardless of fuel sources car companies will adapt or move over and fade away. They'll adapt and still rake in the cash. Either way...I don't care, I just want to move away from fosil fuels. I see electric vehicles on the road everyday, and more each year.

A train station near me opened up free parking for electric vehicles. While they are at work the cars are charging for free. Charged using solar power. More of these are popping up too.

The current land speed record for a hydrogen-powered vehicle is 286.476 miles per hour (461.038 km/h) set by Ohio State University's Buckeye Bullet 2, which achieved a "flying-mile" speed of 280.007 miles per hour (450.628 km/h) at the Bonneville Salt Flats in August 2008. For production-style vehicles, the current record for a hydrogen-powered vehicle is 207.297 miles per hour (333.612 km/h) set by a prototype Ford Fusion Hydrogen 999 Fuel Cell Race Car at Bonneville Salt Flats in Wendover, Utah in August 2007. It was accompanied by a large compressed oxygen tank to increase power.[9]

Message 25 of 79
Latest reply

In the RC model field all the world speed records for Planes, Boats and Cars are all held by electric powered craft.

the advances with Brushless motors and lithium polymer batteries has come a long way in recent history

Message 26 of 79
Latest reply

Yep, it's pretty sad really that we have wasted over a hundred and thirty years driving petrol engined cars when if we had stuck with electric batteries would be way more advanced and the air would be much cleaner. if you want to check out a good electric car Google Tesla
Message 27 of 79
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
What sort of moron considers nuclear energy clean. If it is so clean why don't some of you lovers of this clean energy go eat some nuclear waste.

I am that sort of a person. But moron I am not. and as far as eating any sort of noxious waste I must decline.

Now If you were to extract your logic, if you have any that is, from what ever orifice you have it firmly implanted in and actuality applied a little knowledge, if you have any, to sources of energy you might realise that the only viable alternate energy generation source that can come anywhere near replacing fossil fuels is nuclear.

If there had been as much invested in the development of nuclear fusion as there is in the solar, wind,and every other energy generation source and the educating the skeptical, uninformed multitudes so that they can appreciate the benefits of nuclear fusion the cost of energy would be a fraction of what it is now.

Throughout the years it has been people just like you and those who have a vested interest in flogging off the fossil resources that they have until those resources have been depleted that have held back the development of abundant, inexpensive, non emitting,

energy generating sources

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 28 of 79
Latest reply

At some time in the future nuclear fusion might be an alternative power source, it's not a lack of funding or research holding it back. In the mean time we need as much clean energy as we can get from solar, wind and whatever else is out there.  

Message 29 of 79
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
Yep, it's pretty sad really that we have wasted over a hundred and thirty years driving petrol engined cars when if we had stuck with electric batteries would be way more advanced and the air would be much cleaner. if you want to check out a good electric carGoogle Tesla

The above is a flawed and nonsensical statement lacking both knowledge and logic.

I'll give you a hint, do a bit of research , if you able to do any that is, weight, volume, energy are some of the key words.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 30 of 79
Latest reply