A US Anti-vaccine campaigner wanting to come to Aus to give talks - your thoughts ?

aps1080
Community Member

This is going to be a heated argument.

A US Anti-vaccine campaigner wanting to come to Aus to give talks and some Dr's want to ban her.

This follow on from the mis representation of an anti Vacciner on a current affair show on the ABC the other night.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/health/doctors-want-to-bar-antivaccination-campaigner-sherri-tenpe...

Message 1 of 108
Latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: A US Anti-vaccine campaigner wanting to come to Aus to give talks - your thoughts ?

They have obviously not got the herd protection looking at those numbers.

Iron lung - I remember them.

We have a measles alert in Melbourne because of cases being spread at an RMIT Graduation. God help if any unprotected pregnant women get it.

Message 11 of 108
Latest reply

Re: A US Anti-vaccine campaigner wanting to come to Aus to give talks - your thoughts ?

I had polio when I was 3 years old...just before the vaccine was introduced to Australia.

I have one leg an inch shorter than the other so consequently walk with a very pronounced limp.

I have also for the last few years suffered "post polio" symptoms.

People like this woman should not be given any air time...they and their ilk do nothing but spread misinformation based on their own warped ideas.

Message 12 of 108
Latest reply

Very happy to listen to both sides and make my own educated decission. I am not anti vaccine but dobieve we are over vaccinated and more should educate themselves on vaccines and not simply accept what they are told.

Message 13 of 108
Latest reply

What mis information is being spread? Proof please

Message 14 of 108
Latest reply

twinkle

How can you be "OVER vaccinated" ???

The major focus - from what I have read in the past - is some vaccines - the MMR one - cause Autism and Autism spectrum disorders.

The ORIGINAL Study - 1998 - was discredited as it was a fraudulent research paper, but the damage had been done.

Message 15 of 108
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
reasonablehank.com/tag/*sherri*-*tenpenny*/

Here is the lovely Ms Tenpenny

Message 16 of 108
Latest reply

@twinkles**stars wrote:

What mis information is being spread? Proof please

twinkles

What proof do you want ?

Message 17 of 108
Latest reply

My cousin contracted polio when she was 21yrs........there was no vacinations back in those days. She spent 2 yrs in hospital, she wore calipers all her life, she died 3 years ago aged 85yrs and she was still in calipers, had there been a vacine back in those days, she might not have got polio.

I for one are for anything that stops all these dreaded diseases.

Message 18 of 108
Latest reply

Sorry to hear that.

If the vaccine had been available, she wouldn't have got polio.
My mother said it was rushed out all over when it was released.

Message 19 of 108
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
reasonablehank.com/tag/*sherri*-*tenpenny*/

Here is the lovely Ms Tenpenny

Well worth watching.   In her own words "I'm not a scientific researcher"     And on the youtube link they are saying she

is promoting a range of her own 'goods'.   I too am glad to hear both sides to a story but not when one side

is someone like her. 

Message 20 of 108
Latest reply