AFL club president stood down

AFL club president stood down, fined for sexist comments about league's first woman umpire

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-25/wa-football-club-president-stood-down-fined-for-sexist-comment...

Heres proof the dinosaurs are not as extinct as we are told.

i wonder if this bozo had a daughter who played sport hed be ok with a high profile sport identity saying publicly the same kind of things about her?

he should be ashamed and put out to pasture.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: AFL club president stood down

Looks like they don't wear the West Coast Eagles jumper,(the photo would be of one of their players that

played for the Eagles).

They actually wear the Richmond colours,(that has no AFL logo).

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/CervantesTigerSharks/?rc=p

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

i bow to you knowledge on this subject.

sorry for any missunderstanding.

the ABC maybe should not of used the 'AFL president' in their subject title if its missleading?

i did realise he wasnt a president of any of the big clubs.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Not a problem,good.gif

Unfortunately a lot of "news" is overstated so that people look at it,(if it only had the headline of local football

coach,etc then not many people would look at it).

Headlines are what people look at and the more interesting the headline the greater the response to it.

This story shouldn't have even made it out of WA,(but they wanted to make it look more important than it was

so they included the AFL in the story),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

David, the woman this man demeaned is the first woman AFL umpire.

The pic in your link shows her umpiring an AFL game.

Perhaps that's where the confusion started.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Cervantes Tiger Sharks president Dale Simmons labelled AFL umpire Eleni Glouftsis a "dopey mole [sic]" and a "stupid b****" on his public Facebook page.

Mr Simmons also said she would change her mind on umpiring decisions because she was a woman.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

thats pretty much why i posted the link, not because he was or wasnt an afl person but the fact hes a president of a football club (even if its a a smaller country one) with an attitude that women belong in the kitchen kinda.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i bow to you knowledge on this subject.

sorry for any missunderstanding.

the ABC maybe should not of used the 'AFL president' in their subject title if its missleading?

i did realise he wasnt a president of any of the big clubs.

when I looked at the ABC story yesterday I don't recall seeing "AFL" in the heading.  Here's how it looks now, and just under the headline it shows as Updated Fri at 11.05am . . . . which is about 40 minutes after you posted the link in your opening post.

IMG_0371.JPG

oh, and IF they have nothing to do with the AFL why the heck would the CEO of the AFL care what their president said? why would he want to contact the WAFL to find out what they were intending to do re: this idiot?

That is simple to explain . . . . as the head of the peak Aussie rules body, the AFL, he has a duty to comment (and condemn) this individual as the comments were in reference to an AFL official.

Are you tacitly implying that he should not have commented?

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Either way, I saw what he said and to call anyone that deserves a public tar n feathering.

image host
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

regardless of him being an AFL president or not, which he isnt....its a shame that he was in this position at that club.  What sort of person in his position thinks he can get away with making these comments.  All Aussie Rules football clubs are accountable to their local league who would also be accountable to the AFL.  Good riddance.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply