Adam Goodes Vs the spreaders of hate

We have people spreading the hate for everyone from the PM to the disabled and refugees everyday.

Today we have Adam Goodes, who truly lived up to his name.

Message 1 of 353
Latest reply
352 REPLIES 352

Re: Adam Goodes Vs the spreaders of hate

gleee, thank you posting this article, written by Stan Grant..hopefully it will be read by those here who really dont seem to understand.

Message 221 of 353
Latest reply

Some of the millions of facebook statuses that I have been subjected to on the Adam Goodes saga have linked to this blog. I thought it was pretty good. I went back through all of his blogs and thought he had lots of good points.

http://theblacksteamtrain.blogspot.com.au/search?updated-min=2015-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2...

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 222 of 353
Latest reply

So he was supposed to know the racial abuser was 13 even though she was rugged up and in a grandstand.  Should have superman eyes.

for goodness' sake, she had just turned 13

and no superpowers were needed to see

she was very young.

agoods.jpg

The mother of the teenager who racially vilified Adam Goodes has called for fans not to boo the Sydney champion but claimed he is to blame for the negative reaction he is receiving from opposition supporters.

Joanne accepted her daughter had contributed to the situation with her remarks but painted her as a victim, saying "she's only a little kid".

Joanne is still angered at how her daughter was treated by MCG security and police, blaming it on Goodes' reaction to the racial sledge.

"Picking on a 13-year-old child I thought was absolutely ridiculous and having her questioned by police without an adult being present was absolutely disgusting on the part of himself and the AFL," Joanne said.

"I don't think Julia was treated fairly at all. It was the way he carried on on the ground that made them do what they did. If he hadn't have carried on like a pork chop it wouldn't have mattered.

"It would have gone on exactly the same as any football game any other week. He just happened to pick on the wrong kid."

Joanne said Goodes "shouldn't take things to heart as much as he does" because being "badgered" on the football field was part of being an AFL footballer.

"I don't think he should retire, he should man up and just take it if he wants to play the game," Joanne, a Collingwood supporter, said.

smh

he may not get more free kicks but he definately sooks for them alot, over dramatising the situation to make it look like he is hurt when he is not.

Does he really?

yes

Message 223 of 353
Latest reply

So the mother of this teenager has now asked for an apology from Goodes?

Thanks Julia.  You have shown what kind of people we still have to deal with.  No wonder the daughter was brought up with such ignorant attitudes.  

She's telling him to man up but she will only be known by her first name.  Tell her to get a public profile if she wants to slag off a sports hero and a former Australian of the year or be a good parent and stop making excuses for her daughters stupid behaviour.

Joono
Message 224 of 353
Latest reply

He's not a "hero". He is a football player and paid very well for doing his job.

Please do not devalue the word  by applying it to someone who plays a weekend game, no matter how good a player he is.

Message 225 of 353
Latest reply

Message 226 of 353
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

So the mother of this teenager has now asked for an apology from Goodes?

Thanks Julia.  You have shown what kind of people we still have to deal with.  No wonder the daughter was brought up with such ignorant attitudes.  

She's telling him to man up but she will only be known by her first name.  Tell her to get a public profile if she wants to slag off a sports hero and a former Australian of the year or be a good parent and stop making excuses for her daughters stupid behaviour.

She's hardly a little kid. She's the size of a full grown human and a mouth that shouts abuse that she's learned from those of influence in her life.  Someone had to teach her about racist name calling because it's obvious her family didn't.

Message 227 of 353
Latest reply

Someone had to teach her about racist name calling because it's obvious her family didn't.

Yep, and maybe they're the ones staying home and watching football on their colour tv with their good mates, handing 'round a beer or two.

It's a huge cultural problem for Australia.

Message 228 of 353
Latest reply

Without looking up the name, can you tell me who  was Gordon Bennett and what he was famous for?

Hint: he was of aboriginal ancestry and was not a football player.

edit : (how many people here can honestly answer my question?)

Message 229 of 353
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

But would you join the mob if you see them booing at a single player for the entire duration of the game, regardless of how he plays?

Yes... but probably not the whole game....just everytime he gets near the ball... have you ever tried to boo non stop for two or so hours????

Did you not read my previous post re Greg Inglis when he plays for the canetoads....many many many Kooris and whitefellas alike in Bowraville (it's in Queensland ya know) bag the bejesus out of him boo and hiss and play up like pork chops... the better he gets (and the maroons) the louder the booos......

We all  still marvel at his skill and are in awe of his prowess... it's just pushed into the background

But...when he plays for Souths...he can do no wrong

GO BOWRA

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 230 of 353
Latest reply