Another corrupt Liberal forced to resign

Barry has announced his resignation.

these Libs expectation of entitlement comes back to bite them. I hope he enjoyed his bottle of plonk.

Bye bye Barry.
Message 1 of 101
Latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Another corrupt Liberal forced to resign

Margo, I met Bronwyn Bishop on a number of social occasions including some one on one conversations.

She came across as a nice person with a good sense of humour.

Pollies assume a personae that suits the occasion. 

And the longer they are in politics the better they become at it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should have added to the above post....I was in her electorate..

Would I vote for her?....No Way!

Her behaviour as Speaker just confirms that I had the right instincts.

Message 71 of 101
Latest reply

She's charming if you are not a labor MP. 

Message 72 of 101
Latest reply

I wonder if the word 'Bangaroo' will come up at the enquiry.  

Message 73 of 101
Latest reply

Very handy it is too.He forgets what time it is.
Message 74 of 101
Latest reply

Barry was stupid over a bottle of wine.....  BUT he fell on his sword and resigned quickly... UNLIKE the Labor lot..... 

What else could he possibly have done Nero? He denied - in what amounts to a court of law - ever having received a $3000.00 bottle of wine, then he said someone else must have received it on his behalf, because he has no knowledge of it and certainly wouldn't forget something like that and later still after a thank you note in his won hand writing is shown to him he pleads memory loss. 

How could he possibly hope to remain in parliament - let alone as Premier, after that?

It's pointless anyone trying to argue "your side is sleazier than our side' because  corruption appears to be rife at the moment on ALL sides of Government and trying to make comparisons merely trivialises the gravity of the situation. 

Message 75 of 101
Latest reply

If these types of gifts equate to corruption why are the gift givers not being charged with corruption the giving of gifts both in business and politics is extremely common as long as the gifts are not given to influence outcomes then I don't really see this as corruption , both sides of politics rely very heavily on staffers to deal with this sort of thing so I cane believe that he doesn't remember receiving it.

If this is the biggest act of corruption icac can find I think politics in Australia is in reasonable nick , I wonder how many public servants would survive if the light was shone on them
Photobucket
Message 76 of 101
Latest reply

corruption appears to be rife at the moment on ALL sides of Government

Not of all sides, SheEl.......just both of the major parties.

Message 77 of 101
Latest reply

@kilroy_is_here wrote:
If these types of gifts equate to corruption why are the gift givers not being charged with corruption the giving of gifts both in business and politics is extremely common as long as the gifts are not given to influence outcomes then I don't really see this as corruption , both sides of politics rely very heavily on staffers to deal with this sort of thing so I cane believe that he doesn't remember receiving it.

If this is the biggest act of corruption icac can find I think politics in Australia is in reasonable nick , I wonder how many public servants would survive if the light was shone on them

$3000 gifts are required to be declared at the time of receipt.

As it was delivered to his home it is doubtful a staffer is to blame for his memory lapse.

It's not the fact he received it that's the problem but the fact he lied about receiving it.

Message 78 of 101
Latest reply

Before he was caught out....he said that the family plonk was kept in the bottom of the linen closet.

Maybe hinting that his domestic staff might be to blame.

Sorry....not plonk......it was an expensive plonque.

Message 79 of 101
Latest reply

I wonder if he had been given a $10 bottle of wine if that would have been called corrupt?

There is the possibility a small one maybe but it is possible he had no idea what the wine was worth, maybe he is a beer drinker.

If someone does not drink wine they would not have a clue what Grange is because they would have no interest in knowing.

Hi to Freshwater back there

I used to like Bronwyn once but don't like her as the speaker, very one eyed.

Message 80 of 101
Latest reply