Another thread about unusual / strange / cruel names given to children

The teacher in my family has a boy in the class who is named BOSS.  So, when he indicates that he wants to answer or ask something, the teacher has to say "Yes Boss".   Sticks in the craw somewhat.  My opinion is the naming of that boy is quite cruel.

In the same school, there is a girl named UNEEK.

Then there are celebrities' babies and their names.  They, perhaps, will not be pilloried as much as others, but it is still unkind in my opinion.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Im sorry lurker, but I just snorted when I read that..

hangs head in shame>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lol

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

Nephew has an old fashioned first name which is OK as he's named after a relative.  Hoever his middle name is...Danger.

'Danger is my middle name.'  Oh God.  Even worse, it seems to be quite common.  He's far from the only one.

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

There used to be a NASCAR driver named Dick Trickle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Trickle

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

A little off topic.

Lots of these unfortunate um couplings on the net. This one is not going to get me 7 days, unlike most of the other examples.

poorsappwedding.jpg

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

@katymatey* wrote:

A little off topic.

Lots of these unfortunate um couplings on the net. This one is not going to get me 7 days, unlike most of the other examples.

poorsappwedding.jpg

haha, I'd have to pick another name altogether I think :D:D

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

@grandmoon wrote:

I remember a young soldier called Major Major anf he was a private.

Major Major Major Major (hereafter Maj. Major for short) is a fictional character in Joseph Heller's novel Catch-22, whose name and rank is the title of chapter 9

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

I had a maths teacher whose last name was Case he called his son Justin.
Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

A relative of a relative named their son Reef..and yes they live in QldSmiley LOL

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

I was engaged to a guy when I was young......... he had an unfortunate surname, so when discussing the "future" and children, I asked him if he would consider changing his surname slightly for the sake of our future children......

His reaction was way more than I expected, to my simple request.......

The engagement was not a long one.

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Fortunately, kids can have their name changed when they get older.  There was one little boy in my daughter's class whose name was Freedom, but he insisted on being called Fred - to his parents horror.  LOL  And River ended up calling himself Ric, and others chose totally different sounding names.  Parents who try to name kids in a way that will lead to them being bullied should be charged with child abuse.

And trying to misspell a name in the most contorted way anybody can think off is sooooooooo bogan.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply