Anyone going to the "Reclaim Australia" marches

I will be there in spirit
Message 1 of 233
Latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

Re: Anyone going to the "Reclaim Australia" marches

blame the christians, wikipidia is the truth, it's the catholics in kenya, its blah blah blah

tell that to the 125 million girls who will never experience what you do.

shame on you

Message 221 of 233
Latest reply

Shame on me for what exactly!
Message 222 of 233
Latest reply

I think you confusing your average australian muslim living in a first world country with cultures steeped in poverty in third world countries.

Not quite in the same zone.
Message 223 of 233
Latest reply

we can choose to be Lutheran or Atheist or Hindu or Catholic or an Agnostic because we are free to do so.

these Australian muslim's are denied that right as is every muslim around the world under the Apostate laws of islam they will be killed.

again why do you all enjoy this basic human right but don't want your muslim friends to have it.

you must truly hate muslims.

Message 224 of 233
Latest reply

@cspotrunning wrote:

we can choose to be Lutheran or Atheist or Hindu or Catholic or an Agnostic because we are free to do so.

these Australian muslim's are denied that right as is every muslim around the world under the Apostate laws of islam they will be killed.

again why do you all enjoy this basic human right but don't want your muslim friends to have it.

Reality is, most of us just laugh at your stupid posts. 

Message 225 of 233
Latest reply

@cspotrunning wrote:

Huh? That makes no sense. Why would a muslim want to be a Luthean or a Hindu? I am sure it is about as popular as a Catholic converting to Islam.

Every adult has a choice in this country. Including muslims. Many muslim women don't wear robes or cover their hair. Many drink wine. As I mentioned earlier, I am surprised at how many within my own circle divorce. They all drive cars. They go to university. They have jobs.

What rights are muslim women (and i assume you mean women) denied in this country either by law or by their husbands or whoever?

Message 226 of 233
Latest reply

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

It is the extremists that are the problem and not the general population.

It is the religions that are the problem; the religions which by their very nature create an "us and them" scenario.

Religions are supposed to bring people together, but at the same time they create huge gulfs of division in society where "we" are "us" and "they" are "them" and they're different from us and they're threatening to us just as we are different from them and threatening to them.

The problem is clear. Adherence to one particular religious faith automatically creates a division between those whose belief  lies elsewhere.

Religion is the problem and is not the solution.

Message 227 of 233
Latest reply

@georgiajake2010 wrote:
None of you have small children of your own and are raising them in this environment and face the reality of everyday. Live in the bubble - I'm sure your fathers fought in the world wars - to fight for freedom. Not Mosques and especially rape and marriage of 10 year old girls. Oh by all means sit back on your Ivory tower and be generous. I for one won't be - and I'm guessing by the Australian public that will turn up to Reclaim Australia - won't be either

In the year I was born, everyone in England lived under the very real threat of being overrun by Nazi Germany - In Australia it was the fear of a Japanese invasion.

I  raised my children during the Cold War when there were reds under every bed and many people were certain  we were all going to be raped, murdered, brainwashed and enslaved by the Communists.

The fear and paranoia then was every bit as real and  intense as that surrounding Islam today.The wholesale slaughter of Jews, gypsies, homosexuals and the mentally disabled under the Nazis  and the brutal repression of political and religious freedom in Hungary, Poland, Czechoslovakia and other 'satellite' countries under the Soviet Union were not so very different to what is happenning now in the Middle East.

We outlasted those threats  and I'm pretty  sure we will outlast the Islamic bogeyman too.

Message 228 of 233
Latest reply

And lets not forget all those innocent migrants - some of them Australian citizens.- - who were rounded up and imprisoned in internment camps during WWII, because in our paranoia we suspected them all of being 'the enemy." In point of fact, many of them had  come to Australia, partly at least,  to escape the Fascist Government in Italy 

Message 229 of 233
Latest reply

We outlasted those threats  and I'm pretty  sure we will outlast the Islamic bogeyman too.

Yes, we outlasted those threats because they eventually ceased to be threatening.

Those threats weren't bogeymen in the sense that they were imaginary; they were real.

I grew up worrying that the Cuba missile crisis wouldn't literally blow up in my face.

The threat of militant Islam remains a clear and present danger, and while I too, hope it soon fades into history, it's important to recognise it for what it is.

It is the result of some rather divisive and questionable theology coupled with some very real and justifiable political grievances.

That the theology is used to justify assault on those who have been political and economic oppressors is unfortunate and taints the whole religion.

Islam cannot and does not recognise the doctrine of division of church and state. but that's another problem and another discussion.

Message 230 of 233
Latest reply