BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,239
Latest reply
98,238 REPLIES 98,238

Re: BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

younger-tv-younger.gif

How does she keep a straight face?

Message 97111 of 98,239
Latest reply

I am thinking of buying a humidifier, Countess. As I said in another post, I hoped to find one for my heater, but no luck so far. Usually, it is quite humid here, maybe because it is close to the beach/ocean, but the dry air caused by the heater in winter is certainly irritating, When I go to another room and then go back to the room where the heater is, I really feel the difference, and it's not pleasant.

Last night I started sneezing again. I thought I only had a cough now and that the cold was over. 😞

Message 97112 of 98,239
Latest reply

Have you ever seen sword swallowing on talent shows? 😮 Well, not a talent I am practising...

Message 97113 of 98,239
Latest reply

Do not try at home... 😂

Seriously, just imagine if you suddenly have to cough or sneeze with a sword in your throat. 😲

@arctoph_49 wrote:

Have you ever seen sword swallowing on talent shows? 😮 Well, not a talent I am practising...

Message 97114 of 98,239
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Springy, I do remember that some time ago you mentioned that your daughter often lives with COVID-like symptoms, so she was not sure if she had ever had it. It is exactly the same for me. The problems I am currently experiencing are not new at all for me, they just seem to last longer, and I feel generally poorly too. Today I tried to go for a short walk because the sun was so alluring, and I thought it would be good for me, but I had to come home soon because I felt really dizzy.

All the best to your daughter. I hope she feels better soon!

My older daughter has had verified covid twice but the current illness is just a bad infection or cold. She is in teaching and there seems to be a lot going around at the moment.

My other daughter had covid a month back. She only knows as she tested her son as he had a bad cough & then she tested the rest of the family. She was surprised to find she was positive. She tested positive 5 days straight and never felt ill, just a slight runny nose. She had asthma and other conditions so we are very relieved it was a mild case.

Papermoon, maybe you can get hold of one of those steam machines at a chemist. I used to use one a lot when my second daughter was young. They seemed to help.

One thing I have recently been trying out may be useful for you too. I was looking at a website for a product that is supposed to help blood pressure/cholesterol etc. It was a beta glucan product and hideously expensive actually. I sent for the free samples and read up on it and I have come to the conclusion it was basically a high quality oat bran. That's all.

Not rolled oats, oat bran. You can get a packet in Coles for about $2.40 or if you buy on the beta glucan website, it's about $99 for about 48 small sachets of powdered oat bran.

So I bought the Coles one and use the stuff over breakfast cereal or in smoothies.

Apparently oat bran is supposed to be very good for you. Worth a try.

Also if you aren't feeling at all well, there are companies that deliver meals. I forget the name of the companies but we used them occasionally when my parents were alive. They would order eg a dozen or more things and freeze them. Sometimes if you're feeling very run down, you may not be up to cooking or eating properly and this makes it a bit easier to get through that time.

Message 97115 of 98,239
Latest reply

I had a nebulizer too as a child, and I saw it just recently while looking for something else. I must check it again to see if it has all parts and if it is still working (probably not), otherwise I can buy a new one.

I will buy oat bran too. I have some old sachets and I have read that if sealed you can use oat bran well after the expiry date, but I am not so sure.

I live between two small grocery shops (one on the right and one on the left, both just a few minutes from my place), but delivered meals would be better because sometimes I don't even feel like going round the corner!

Message 97116 of 98,239
Latest reply

All your fault Paper!!!

I have sore lungs and an asthma cough today. 

I have a nebuliser but no salbutimol to put in it.   (Mind you, I would have to dig for it)

Just making do with my 'puffer' for relief, and pain killers.

Message 97117 of 98,239
Latest reply

Stawka, are you in VIC? If you don’t have anyone there to do a pharmacy run for you, can I help?

Message 97118 of 98,239
Latest reply

Yes Countess, I'm in Melbourne and thanks for the offer.

But what I meant was, I don't even have a script for the salbutimol.

His Lordship did a chemist run for me today for every other bluddy thing I needed.

I haven't used the nebuliser for over 20 years - just Paper mentioning it reminded me.

Thanks again for the offer, but I have my peeps for my bidding.   😊

Message 97119 of 98,239
Latest reply

I use my puffer too, a bit more than usual at the moment of course because of my cough, but it gives me palpitations and even worse insomnia. 😫

Message 97120 of 98,239
Latest reply