Bah bye Tone

OMG I am so glad! - phew my ears could not take it anymore

all that umming and ZA ing and not actually saying anything was murdering my ears, seriously, place yourself ion public office -LEARN HOW TO SPEAK FIRST!!

Now we have a leader who has statesman material and can actually speak eloquently and concisley!

Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Bah bye Tone

awful photo that- taken the day after  Rudd was dumped in 2010, but at least he had the courage to turn up I suppose

where's Tony??

Message 71 of 125
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

awful photo that- taken the day after  Rudd was dumped in 2010, but at least he had the courage to turn up I suppose

where's Tony??

i guess you were too busy counting

the flags during his press conference.

Tony Abbott intends to stay in Federal Parliament, most likely on the backbench, after losing the prime ministership to his longtime rival Malcolm Turnbull.

The ABC understands the former leader does not want to trigger a by-election in his safe Sydney seat of Warringah.

Mr Abbott has not been seen in the House of Representatives since losing the leadership on Monday night.

Instead, he has been busy taking calls from foreign leaders including United States president Barack Obama, New Zealand prime minister John Key and the United Kingdom's David Cameron.

"My intention is to remain in the Parliament," Mr Abbott said.

"It's been a tumultuous week and I now intend to spend some time with my family to think about the future."

The former prime minister has been finalising his affairs and preparing to leave his office tomorrow after being dumped in the Liberal Party ballot on Monday.

Last night, Mr Abbott told The Australian: “It’s been a tumultuous week and I now intend to spend some time with my family to think about the future, but my intention is to remain in the parliament.”

It is unlikely he will come into the chamber until the middle of next month when parliament resumes after a three-week break and the Canning by-election.

Mr Abbott has been finalising his office work and taking calls from global leaders.

Message 73 of 125
Latest reply

I think that someone needs tell Peta Credlin to let it go and move forward. It must be frustrating for the PM not to have access to the pM's office.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 74 of 125
Latest reply

I have a feeling that Abbott thinks so much of his own importance that he will do a Rudd.  Wait until he sees an opportunity to have a tilt at the top job again.  Otherwise why would he hang around?  So unliked by most.

Message 75 of 125
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

I have a feeling that Abbott thinks so much of his own importance that he will do a Rudd.  Wait until he sees an opportunity to have a tilt at the top job again.  Otherwise why would he hang around?  So unliked by most.

I say this because he apparently wanted to be PM from childhood, and, like Rudd, seems to be shocked and angry that his "born-to-rule" position he realised has been savagely taken away.  He said there will be no repercussions, but I don't believe it.  He already said in his speech that others were to blame.

Someone said it was "a beautiful speech". 

hahaha       Perhaps, like movie cameras, they have a filter on their TV set.

Message 76 of 125
Latest reply

Atleast Rudd returned to work! there he is sitting on the back bench in the pic above, he had the kahunas to show up

but where was tone?

sobbin under the blankets!

Message 77 of 125
Latest reply

Did anyone see Newman (ex-Qld premier) last night?  Same.  He blames the opposition and the press for his losing office.

Same profound arrogance.  A Liberal trait?

Message 78 of 125
Latest reply

Anyone ever heard the

Expression

Flogging a dead horse

Message 79 of 125
Latest reply

@fiestas*girl wrote:

Atleast Rudd returned to work! there he is sitting on the back bench in the pic above, he had the kahunas to show up

but where was tone?

sobbin under the blankets!

nah,

he has been busy taking calls from foreign leaders including United States president Barack Obama, New Zealand prime minister John Key and the United Kingdom's David Cameron.

awwww.......boohoo.......

Message 80 of 125
Latest reply