Bali 9 pair get 72-hour execution notice on Anzac Day

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Bali 9 pair get 72-hour execution notice on Anzac Day

TV news updates have been saying that they will be executed in a matter of hours. Woman Sad

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 61 of 68
Latest reply

Ms Bishop said that she had asked that the execution notification not be presented to Chan and Sukumaran on Anzac Day. “We did make representations to request that they not do this on our national day of remembrance, but they proceeded with the meeting in any event,” she said. “I’m very disappointed that it proceeded in this way.”

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 62 of 68
Latest reply

So the president knew.   Why am I not surprised. He thumbs his nose at everyone.

Message 63 of 68
Latest reply

As I said before they spit in our faces and we give them 600 hundred million a year to do so. No wonder they have no respect for us.

Message 65 of 68
Latest reply

Seems  like you were wrong on just about everything.

Ms  Bishop asked that they not proceed on Anzac Day..

Message 66 of 68
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

Seems  like you were wrong on just about everything.

Ms  Bishop asked that they not proceed on Anzac Day..

So which part of this post was wrong?

There are ten convicted drug smugglers - all but one of them foreign nationals - currently awaiting execution on Nusakambangan and Indonesia has repeatedly said it wants all 10 - including nationals of France, Brazil, Nigeria, Ghana and the Philippines - to face the same firing squad.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11438383

Do you seriously imagine the date for all of them to be executed was  deliberately chosen just  so Indonesia could have the satisfaction of announcing it on a day significent only to Australia (and maybe France)

Ignoring a request not to announce something on a certain day is not the same as deliberately choosing that day. Are you suggesting that Indonesia only chose to make the announcement  on ANZAC Day after (and because) Ms Bishop asked them not to?

Message 67 of 68
Latest reply

Bali Nine: Indonesia will face consequences if Andrew Chan, Myuran Sukumaran executed, Julie Bishop says

The ABC understands that recalling Australia's ambassador from Jakarta is among the options being considered by the Government.

Ms Bishop confirmed there will be diplomatic repercussions for Indonesia should the executions by firing squad proceed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-28/indonesia-will-face-consequences-if-executions-take-place-bish...

Message 68 of 68
Latest reply