Bark control collars

If you search for a dog collar on eBay, you'll be bombarded by 'bark control collars'.

Basically when the dog barks, an electronic shock is sent to the dog's neck that travels through their body.

Most of these collars have bids on them. Does nobody know that these collars are so dangerous and so traumatic that they are close to being illegalized in some countries?

Message 1 of 106
Latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Bark control collars

@jessicadazzler wrote:
Glad you were able to sort out your dogs barking issues without resorting to using a control collar.

That's really sad about the dogs in your street. Must be bark control collars they're using 😞

The neighbour who has the issue with the barking seems happy enough about it.

I gave no indication that I would ever use a barking control collar, electric, citronella or otherwise, not that I approve of them, merely an observation.

I have been zapped by an electric fence, however.......... and never went near it again.

The little Murray Grey bull did....... then he learned to wait for the clicks and duck through between clicks.Woman Surprised

My dog has a very safe yard with nothing there that might hinder his safety. The biggest issue would be if someone left a gate open. Tradies do that sometimes even after being advised not to.

Message 31 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

Tasfleur - totally, I get how you feel. Good idea to ensure you never walk alone.
Message 32 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

Polks - I was just joking haha.
Message 33 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

Tasfleur - oohh, a Basenji is on my list of dogs to get!
Message 34 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

She was a funny dog. When we adopted the other dog, the puppy toys kept vanishing. One night, I noticed Skye putting one of Lily's puppy toys in the kitchen bin [It was one of those swing top ones].LOL.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 35 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

Thanks Jessicadazzler,  it's not that I don't appreciate Rottweilers, but they have bigger teeth than me and are taller too ...  Smiley Very Happy    They have nice faces and can be very gentle, it all depends.

Message 36 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

They certainly have a 'pecking' order don't they Bluecat ...  Smiley Very Happy

Interesting to watch them setting the boundaries and establishing who does what and when.

Message 37 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

I used to sell door-to-door for many years. I was Mr Jolly - anyone remember them? Anyway, the only dog I have been bitten by was a little Sydney Silky looking thing. It ran out of the house, down the front path and launched itself at my 'fathering bits'. Luckily it missed and bit my leg, thrugh my long trousers I might add. Tore a hole in my trousers. The owner came running out. "Oh, I'm sorry. He has never done anything like that before".

Message 38 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

Bandicoot will tell you that Rotties are gentle giants, just like Great Danes. But I've gone right off their mean faces tbh... can't believe I had three in the house at one point...
Message 39 of 106
Latest reply

Bark control collars

You scared the poor little thing to death, bandicoot! Just joking 🙂
Message 40 of 106
Latest reply