Barnaby Joyce questioned about relationship with former staffer

Barnaby Joyce questioned about relationship with former staffer, says he's 'not proud' of marriage breakdown

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-07/barnaby-joyce-speaks-about-new-relationship/9406352

Barny, Barny, Barny, i thought you were a nice boy?

Message 1 of 107
Latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

Re: Barnaby Joyce questioned about relationship with former staffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNteNUNRlz0

Shorrrrt memory has that BJ.... come to think of it I dont remember all the male members closing ranks for Julia... with a

tut tut private life is private either hmmm..

In 2008 for weeks and weeks in federal parliament the coalition screamed nepotism on Tim Mathieson... wanted her the then deputy

PM to resign... from memory... as short as it is  The boys club, it appears, still reigns supreme

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-11-26/appointment-of-gillards-partner-stinks-of-nepotism/219028

Tim Mathieson is one of six men selected to help develop Australia's first men's health policy.

The Nationals Leader in the Senate, Barnaby Joyce, says Mr Mathieson, a former hairdresser, does not have the credentials for the job.

"Well, I don't want to go out on a limb, but I'm not quite sure whether health care is hair care and that seems to be the credentials for this appointment," he said.

"Are we now going to have hairdressers as a Medicare item?

Senator Joyce says the appointment smells a lot like nepotism.

"The question has to be asked, are you truly the best candidate?

If you're truly the best candidate there are no problems.

"But if you are appointed by reason of a relationship then that's the oldest one in the book, it's called nepotism and it stinks."

Mr Joyce says his hairdresser is the last person he would ask for health care advice.

"Sometimes I ask them what's going to run well at Doomben, but I haven't really asked him about the intricacies of where our health economy is and where the predominant concerns are in health issues of the day," he said.

"Maybe I shall readdress my questions in a more pertinent fashion considering Julia's appointment."

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 31 of 107
Latest reply

Bye Bye Barny

Message 32 of 107
Latest reply

Where we to demand the resignation of every politician / political staffer & senior public servant who achieved party endorsment or public sector employment without following a genuinley open and truly independant selection process, it would make the dual citizenship crisis look like a sunday school picnic.

There would be very few left standing from either side of politics and the process of governance and senior public service management would collapse resulting in a constitutional crisis..

Message 33 of 107
Latest reply

when a man (or woman) stands up to be elected and spouts about his beliefs and how we must trust him or her as they are good god fearin folk who would never do anything to harm another, then they go screw a bit on the side, they become open targets in my view.

seems even his wife cant trust him so why should anyone else.

same goes for any polly who struts about telling us they are good trustworthy family orientated souls who then break that trust.

i wonder how many times since BJ (wow never thought of his initials like am now before) entered politics hes been involved in using another poliies indescretion to try to ruin that persons life in politics.

you dont reach the top without using some pretty underhanded tactics in my view.

so live by the sword die by the sword.

i'm sure if bill shorten or ms plebersik was playing about in the office and barny found out it'd be used bloomin fast to discredit them.

Message 34 of 107
Latest reply

BJ has proven himself to be both a liar and a cheat   ....... only one place for him, down in the sewer with the other vermin

Message 35 of 107
Latest reply

@bushies.girlwrote:

BJ has proven himself to be both a liar and a cheat   

I thought that was a vital pre-requisite to becoming a politician..............

....... only one place for him, down in the sewer with the other vermin

Its proper name is parliment house.....

Message 36 of 107
Latest reply

Joyce made his personal relationships mentionable when he used his then wife and daughters in the ssm “debate”.  

His utterings about the sanctity of marriage and family then, compared to what we now know, show him to be utterly despicable, unworthy and self serving.

Message 37 of 107
Latest reply

@lurker172602wrote:

Joyce made his personal relationships mentionable when he used his then wife and daughters in the ssm “debate”.  

His utterings about the sanctity of marriage and family then, compared to what we now know, show him to be utterly despicable, unworthy and self serving.

and next week he will be acting PM!

If he was a football player hed get done for bringing the game into disrepute

thats funny.

how long before his 'bit on the side' is claiming money from us to raise his new child?

Message 38 of 107
Latest reply

@chameleon54wrote:

@bushies.girlwrote:

BJ has proven himself to be both a liar and a cheat   

I thought that was a vital pre-requisite to becoming a politician..............

....... only one place for him, down in the sewer with the other vermin

Its proper name is parliment house..... 

I dont agree,that I am sure NOT everyone who works in/at PH falls into that catergory

Message 39 of 107
Latest reply

Seems to me that if you stand for public office, unless you very naive, you also realise that you will live a very public life and relationships, breakdown of same and whatever will be in the public eye.  After all, the public is who you supposedly work for and represent.  (Mmmm............). 

You want a private life Barnaby et al?  Then DON'T stand for public office. 

Message 40 of 107
Latest reply