Brexit- Polls Trending To UK Leaving EU Next Week

baybizz
Community Member

The UK votes on Thursday next week, June 23, on whether to leave the European Union. The opinion polls have shown a marked shift in recent days towards the "Leave" side.  You in Australia will not be immune from the fallout if there is a UK Brexit (Leave EU) vote...

>> On course for Brexit - now three polls show "Leave" ahead...

www.abc.net.au/news/uk-brexit-support-growing

www.express.co.uk/news/679668/eu-referendum-polls-brexit-ahead

The betting markets show that while the fat cat establishment is placing enormous bets to try to skew the odds to Remain, the small bets by the "man in the street" are on a "Leave" result:

www.community.ebay.co.uk/eu-in-or-out/4875950#M186390

If the UK does leave the EU, the repercussions, political and economic, will be felt around the world, as far as Australia. It could start the process of the disintegration of the unstable EU...  While the EU was supposedly founded to bring harmony to Europe, the duplicitous and authoritarian way it was constructed could lead to even greater discord when it eventually inevitably implodes... We shall see...

www.express.co.uk/eu-brexit-end-of-western-political-civilisation

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Brexit- Polls Trending To UK Leaving EU Next Week

our stock market  already has the jitters over it Baybizz - what are your thoughts on it??

me, I don't know??  I suppose I haven't put a lot thought into it because we're on the other side of the world

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Baybiz, from your lips to the ears of a higher being, whoever that might be. The sooner we are out of that cramped and restricted quagmire of unelected faceless little bureaucratic men in grey suits, the better. And there are thousands of them. They're like ants. We have to bow and scrape to them and their inane little laws and regulations, every day of our lives. They even impinge on the air we breathe. As for the Euro Tunnel, whoever thought about that little gem, ought to be hung, drawn, and quartered. If anyone has a few thousand tons of quick drying cement, I know a good use for it.

The second part of my wish list is to have Nigel Farage ensconced in Number 10. But I suppose that's asking too much.

ppfffttttt to the EU ! 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I must say you have an exquisitely unique way with descriptive wording electric*mayhem*band ....  Woman LOL

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

They say we might benefit with trade with the U.K should it exit. Just don't send us Simon Cowell or I could be up on a murder charge. 🙂
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

My exit vote was selected and my postal vote put in the post the day it arrived. I have never before felt so strongly about a political subject but have been wearing a vote leave badge and a Brexit tee shirt for weeks now. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
They say we might benefit with trade with the U.K should it exit. Just don't send us Simon Cowell or I could be up on a murder charge. 🙂

Wouldn't wish that on you folks Jerks, you've done nothing to us. Was about to suggest Chris 'Mr Shouty Man' Evans the mouth on legs instead, but that's as bad as Simon Cowpat, so you are safe from any undesirables from these quarters.

By the way, would you like Rolf Harris back ?

(Edited.) Just struck out the last paragraph to be on the safe side.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Did I hear correctly on the radio this morning that a politician was murdered in the UK??

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Regretfully yes. A lady member of parliament was shot and stabbed by a maniac, allegedly shouting "Britain first!".  I don't know if it has anything to do with the forthcoming referendum next week, but things have been getting very bad tempered between the opposing groups...

news.google.co.uk/news/rtc?ncl=dMA4YA8m6JizHG

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

that's shocking- she was a young woman with young children too

I hope it wasnt over Brexit, I know feelings do run high between opposing camps, but you can't go around murdering politicians

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply