Bye bye Tony, Tony goodbye

martinw-48
Community Member
Woo Hoo
Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Bye bye Tony, Tony goodbye

I'm feeling a bit left out. It sounds like I'm about the only one on these boards who has never, ever, been polled about voting.Smiley Indifferent

But I do remember way back in the dim, dark ages when I was a student at uni, we covered, as part of a course, how to conduct a questionnaire and factors that can swing results. We in fact had to try to see if we could swing the majority of answers to a random side.Smiley Happy It was some sort of innocuous set of questions.

I never really believed though that anyone conducting a questionnaire would fall into such obvious traps to be less than impartial till one day I had a random phone call to question me about my public transport habits. The survey lasted about 10-15 minutes and the woman actually made comments about my answers. To a question about the usual station I would use to start my journey, I answered Sandown Park (which has a massive free car parking area opposite, and which is always pretty well filled to capacity every week day). She informed me that no one else she had questioned ever said that station and was I sure it would be the most likely one?

So these surveys obviously miss whole swathes of people. And the interviewer could be a problem, depends on how they conduct it. I would imagine it might  even be more so if the person being questioned can see the person conducting the poll as we judge a lot on appearances.

I've seen a couple of written articles by Peta Credlin. Not that i follow her at all but the articles I saw at the time (and I can't remember what they were about now as it was a while back), I do recall thinking she made a few good points. I think one may have been about jail sentencing or laws.

Message 51 of 60
Latest reply

download.jpg

Message 52 of 60
Latest reply

I have already stated that I had done a numbe of online polls

Some people like Credlin, some dont   ...... Personally, I cant stand her or her cronies. Perhaps read The Road To Ruin  ---- Niki Sava, it makes from some interesting read re Credlin and her antics

I agree with you re the wording of a question, I believe it can make a difference to the how the question  is answered

Message 53 of 60
Latest reply

Federal election: Tony Abbott failed to understand even as he lost Warringah to Zali Steggall

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-22/warringah-tony-abbott-zali-steggal-get-up/11134502

i wonder how many of the ones who jumped overboard are kicking themselves now

Message 54 of 60
Latest reply

While we are amusing ourselves about Toxic Tonys demise, as well as Anning and Palmer, spare a thought for some of the other"losers". All the UAP candidates and their supporters who put in hours of their time thinking they had all the support of Palmer to get them in parliament if not Government, only to find out that all their hardwork was to fulfill his mission to give the LNP their preferences and stop Shorten being elected, he also forgot to tell them he would need the LNP support to open his massive Coal Mine in Qld.

It is obivous that the preferences that the LNP got from UAP and PHON was the main reason in Qld at least that won them all the seats there.

I'm wondering though, the way Morrison put all his suspect Ministers into witness protection during the election campaign, will he be able to locate Marissa Payne so as to give Palmer the permission for his mine

Message 56 of 60
Latest reply

Does not take long for some on to see a adverting opportunity:

Clive not a single seat.jpg

Message 57 of 60
Latest reply

He'd need a stronger seat than that ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 58 of 60
Latest reply

He is back and speaking of preferences, this persons preferences went to the LNP:

Malcolm in the flesh.jpg

Message 59 of 60
Latest reply

Oh look. From the same station that employs that fascist sympethiser
https://www.2gb.com/one-nation-truck-set-on-fire-following-election/
Message 60 of 60
Latest reply