Cadbury pull out of Hobart...

...so is it too late to re-route that waste of funds to SPC as should have been done in the first place?

Message 1 of 105
Latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

@wilk1149 wrote:
They changed the recipe to make more money. Pure and simple. Using cheap vegetable oil now

That is thye biggest load of BS I have ever heard. Christ you come up with some biased rubbish.

They switched to another vegitable oil as opposed to using Palm Oil because of a targeted campaign by people

asking them to stop using Palm Oil.

So on the one hand you lot pestered them to change oils and then you criticise them for doing so.

And I know this because my GF has a thing about Palm Oil and buying products with it in and brought it to

my attention when they switched.

So let's get the facts straight before you sprout off about it.

Message 21 of 105
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@i-need-a-martini wrote:
It was abbotts promise of $66million for cadburys to open an impossible to justify visitors centre in hobart which would have created employment for between 200 to 300 people.

This captains call came a week or so after abbott said ''No way!!!'' to giving SPC a third of that to set up new systems and training for future technologies to increase production for AUSTRALIAN farmers and created future possibilities for many thousands of industries and farmers with wide reaching economic benefits.

SPC has now partnered with cocacola amatil.

Cadbury have decided they couldnt uphold their end of the investment - I suspect bevause their shareholders thought it was a waste of money even with govts $66mill pledge.

SPC were already part of cocacola-amitil. They wanted find to increase production to include some different packages.

I think it was to produce some fruit products here that they imported from china.

The cadbury plant has some asbestos issues to deal with when contemplating expansions.  The whole thing probably needs rebuilding from the ground up but who wants to contribute to that?

Search fb for Ardmona. Very interesting, some good recipes too. 

Message 22 of 105
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

Now its just a big dissapointment.. no extra jobs. Surely the Govt could wait till a business case is lodged and approved  before they make a big deal out of announcing the funding publicly.

It was all an election sham.  The Nash staffer that was caught out and moved on was the salesman of the Cadbury con bribe sweetener.

here it is Gleee. I'd forgotten about all that

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/backgroundbriefing/2014-03-30/5350092

The controversy surrounding a plan to put nutrition rating labels on processed foods has already claimed the job of the Assistant Minister for Health's chief of staff. The stoush has revealed the deep links between 'big food' and the government,

Message 23 of 105
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

@wilk1149 wrote:
They changed the recipe to make more money. Pure and simple. Using cheap vegetable oil now

That is thye biggest load of BS I have ever heard. Christ you come up with some biased rubbish.

They switched to another vegitable oil as opposed to using Palm Oil because of a targeted campaign by people

asking them to stop using Palm Oil.

Why did they change to palm oil?

To cut costs, because it was cheaper than cocoa butter.   

Don't be so hasty to attack other posters next time.

Message 24 of 105
Latest reply

Cadburys failures are due to 3 things:

They pay for halal certification

The use of palm oil

They are going to shrink block size but keep the price the same.

I ,along with many many people choose not to buy Cadburys due to 1, 2 or 3 of the reasons above.

At my local shops, the Cadbury shelves are always full, no matter what kind of "special" they are having.

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 25 of 105
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:
Cadbury's was also one of the advertisers onabbotts bike gear

yes!  cadbury provided financial sponsorship

to pollie pedal charity ride.  good cause.

Message 26 of 105
Latest reply

And one small logo amongst a bunch of 5 or 6 other companies.

Sponsoring a charity ride. Yep. Good Cause, unless of course you don't supoort charities.

Message 27 of 105
Latest reply

@daydream**believer wrote:

The use of palm oil

I ,along with many many people choose not to buy Cadburys due to 1, 2 or 3 of the reasons above.

At my local shops, the Cadbury shelves are always full, no matter what kind of "special" they are having.

http://www.orangutans.com.au/orangutans-survival-information/helping-you-buy-responsibly-palm-oil-fr...

Cadbury only use palm oil in some fillings, I believe ................in that link it shows you which chocolates don't contain palm oil.

Easter eggs, some of them also contain palm oil but I think they are only filled ones? and they use sustainable palm oils.

Message 28 of 105
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

@daydream**believer wrote:

The use of palm oil

http://www.orangutans.com.au/orangutans-survival-information/helping-you-buy-responsibly-palm-oil-fr...

Cadbury only use palm oil in some fillings, I believe ................in that link it shows you which chocolates don't contain palm oil.

Easter eggs, some of them also contain palm oil but I think they are only filled ones? and they use sustainable palm oils.

All of cadburys, including their Easter Eggs, are halal certified

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 29 of 105
Latest reply

Daydream

Of the 3 things you list, I'd say the 3rd one is the only one that has had bearing on what is going on.

Their is also a lot for competition out there than 5 years ago.

Would be interested to know why you think paying for Halal certification would make a huge impact ?

Message 30 of 105
Latest reply