Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
So there's a lot of people that lose their .... over this particular car

https://youtu.be/ZIdCspwvYUk

Is it possible for a car to be racist. Back when this TV show was made there wasn't the controversy over this particular car.

I realise that times have changed but it was good family entertainment in it's day
Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
Joz, what was so controversial about that car.
I don't know that driver myself
Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

@martinw-48 wrote:
David, I know that the Swastika was banned in Germany for years from being included in model kits but I don't think that it is anymore

ok, i see what you mean, no swastikas to be seen, just the plain black cross

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

@martinw-48 wrote:
Joz, what was so controversial about that car.
I don't know that driver myself

Tobacco advertising

One of Negus' HDT Toranas, pictured in 2012. pic: Brett Bayliss via flickr

https://www.speedcafe.com/2016/09/13/vale-wayne-negus/

Signatures suck.
Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

I knew the guy he sold it to, but not the current owner. Was awesome seeing it in the flesh

Signatures suck.
Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

oh dear, do you suppose you'll get in big twouble putting that photo on here?

the swastika i can go with being banned but a smoke brand on a vintage car i would never be bothered by.

actually swastikas on replica planes wouldnt bother me either.

its punks flying it as a symbol to their silly 'im rebelling' bull dust i have issue with

Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

yeah, i'll probably go to hell for it...

Signatures suck.
Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

martinw-48
Community Member
Joz, I found that picture on the net but I thought there must have been another car.
I'm against tobacco but couldn't give a flying .... about an ex racing car still sporting it's tobacco advertising.
I have Scalextric cars with various tobacco companies advertising on.
Years ago when they released the first Brock Marlboro Torana they did it without the Marlboro signage and you had to buy transfers to add on yourself.
Now they put a disclaimer on the boxes.
In fact the Brock Marlboro A9X should be released this year
Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

from the link: Adolf Hitler was certainly not the first to use the symbol it is as old as Hinduism. 

The only planes youy will see with a swastika on it is an american or british plane pre 1939.

US Air Force aeroplane

The wehrmacht used this 

Image result for nazi germany plane symbols germany

from the link"

"Coca-Cola used it. Carlsberg used it on their beer bottles. The Boy Scouts adopted it and the Girls' Club of America called their magazine Swastika. They would even send out swastika badges to their young readers as a prize for selling copies of the magazine," he says.

It was used by American military units during World War One and it could be seen on RAF planes as late as 1939. Most of these benign uses came to a halt in the 1930s as the Nazis rose to power in Germany.

The Nazi use of the swastika stems from the work of 19th Century German scholars translating old Indian texts, who noticed similarities between their own language and Sanskrit. They concluded that Indians and Germans must have had a shared ancestry and imagined a race of white god-like warriors they called Aryans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29644591

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

This is the floor of Customs House near circular quay . When they renovated it recently they considered removing the whole area but in the end it stayed. quote

"During recent renovations there was debate about whether the fylfot should be removed. The Cityโ€™s architects and historians felt it had a place in the narrative of the building.

It was originally intended as a symbolic welcome for those entering the โ€˜front doorโ€™ of Sydney. We recognise these symbols may offend some visitors, but hope they will be read in the context of their original intention"

Image result for customs house floor

https://www.sydneycustomshouse.com.au/discover/the-house

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

Spoiler
autosave woes

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply