Clive Palmer thread

nero_bolt
Community Member

All things Clive can be posted here

He is a BULLY of the worst kind..... 

He will threaten and bully anyone that doesnt do what Clive wants. 

Its looking more and more like he is a liar and a fraudster as well and the Chinese govt is after him over a lot of missing money..... 

Clive likes to bully and threaten women as well.... 

Clive Palmer calls for clerk of Senate Rosemary Laing to resign

Billionaire politician Clive Palmer has called for the clerk of the Senate to resign unless she is able to maintain impartiality, following a staff email she wrote implying Mr Palmer was a bully.

A leaked internal email sent to Senate staff on Thursday, and obtained by Fairfax Media, reveals clerk of the Senate Rosemary Laing warned staff not to tolerate ''unacceptable behaviour'' and made reference to the ''conduct of a member of the House of Representatives''.

While the email does not directly name the MP, it was widely reported two weeks ago that there was an altercation between Dr Laing and Mr Palmer, the member for Fairfax, over amendments to the carbon tax repeal bill.

Mr Palmer, leader of the Palmer United Party, was annoyed that the clerk would not distribute amendments put up by one of his senators, Glenn Lazarus.

The clerk argued that the amendments were effectively a monetary bill and constitutionally could not originate in the Senate.

In her staff bulletin issued on Thursday, Dr Laing warned against what she described as workplace bullying.

''You all have the right to a safe workplace and that includes the right to step away from - and report - bullies, whatever their status,'' she wrote. ''None of you need have any contact with the member in question if you feel at all threatened or intimidated by him.''

Mr Palmer told Fairfax Media he did not raise his voice during the exchange and said he told the clerk: ''If you do not circulate this amendment by Senator Lazarus I will challenge [your] position in the High Court.''

But on Thursday Mr Palmer took that position further. ''Australian democracy is far more important than this issue. The clerk is supposed to be impartial; if she is not up to the job, resign,'' he said.

Fairfax Media approached Dr Laing's office for comment, but was told she is on leave. The deputy clerk of the Senate refused to comment on the matter.

In the email, Dr Laing also took a swipe at the behaviour of the press gallery over the past two weeks of Parliament, describing reports of the carbon tax repeal negotiations as ''unethical''.

''In all of my years here, I do not believe I have seen anything so unethical from the press as this … [including a] disgraceful episode of press gallery members eavesdropping on private negotiations in the corridors over the carbon tax repeal legislation and writing stories on that basis,'' she wrote.

Last week all the major parties and the crossbench in the Senate - except for the PUP and Motoring Enthusiast senator Ricky Muir - spoke in praise of the clerk.

President of the Senate Stephen Parry said: ''I have full confidence in the clerk of the Senate and her officers. All Senate staff serve the Senate in an entirely professional and impartial way and I reject any claims to the contrary.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/clive-palmer-calls-for-clerk-of-senate-rosemar...

Message 1 of 133
Latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

Re: Clive Palmer thread

@polksaladallie wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

Oopsie... didn't stick to his word there.

I can't see a whole oversized cartoon on my small netbook screen so just scroll on by. I am sure I don't miss much.

Can you at least make out what abbott is doing with his hands?

eewww gross, thanks for pointing that outWoman LOL

Message 121 of 133
Latest reply

LOL Boris and polka Smiley LOL

ref  pic too large to see all on notebk or laptop....and cannot see what TA is doing with his hands.....

10644508_782720911769295_6114839699735733775_o.jpg

Message 122 of 133
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Self made billionaire

After dropping out from Uni, Palmer acquires his real estate license and makes a fortune in property development. He retires from real estate after making $40 million and turns his hand to the resources sector.

In the mid-80s he sets up a number of businesses including his current principal private company Mineralogy. Today, the self-made mining magnate won't say exactly how much he's worth, but he says it's more than BRW's recent estimation of $2.2 billion.

I do admire people who work hard, never expect anything handed to them on a plate and they don't think the world owes them a living.

A billionaire that makes large donations as well, thats a plus.

Yes, I also admire people who are successful, however, all the millionaires and billionaires could not make it without their workforce.  I have seen Palmer talking about how he believes in paying people good wages & treating them well, and how much he appreciates his workers.  BUT I am yet to hear any confirmation that he really does that.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 123 of 133
Latest reply

Fact check: Will 50pc of Australians die before they can access their superannuation?

• The claim: Clive Palmer says it is a "statistical fact" that over 50 per cent of Australians will be dead by the time they get access to their super.

• The verdict: More than 89 per cent of people are expected live beyond the age of 65 years, when everyone can access their super. Mr Palmer is wrong. 

The verdict

More than 89 per cent of people are expected live beyond the age of 65, and the age at which a person can access their super is significantly lower.

Some of Australia's largest super funds confirmed that less than 5 per cent of funds are paid directly to beneficiaries because the member has died.

Mr Palmer is wrong. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-09/clive-palmer-wrong-superannuation-access/5721968

Message 124 of 133
Latest reply

Chinese seek details of Clive Palmer’s NAB banking records 

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/chinese-seek-details-of-clive-palmers-nab-banking-reco...

CLIVE Palmer’s Chinese business rivals are turning their attention to the financial records of one of the companies embroiled in the $12 million “siphoned funds” saga.

Sino Iron, a subsidiary of Chinese state-owned Citic Pacific, has subpoenaed National Australia Bank seeking banking details of Palmer-linked company Cosmo Developments.

Payments of $12.167  million made to Cosmo Development and advertising company Media Circus have come under scrutiny after Citic Pacific accused Mr Palmer’s flagship company Mineralogy of wrongfully siphoning the money from an account meant for managing a WA port.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/chinese-seek-details-of-clive-palmers-nab-banking-reco...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOHH my he loses yet another court case

Court dismisses Clive Palmer's rail challenge

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/court-dismisses-clive-palmers-rail-challenge-20140917-10i...

A court has dismissed Clive Palmer's challenge to a Queensland government decision to reject his company's rail line proposal.

Mr Palmer's Waratah Coal applied in the Supreme Court of Queensland for a review of an October 2013 decision to reject its bid to build a rail line from the Galilee Basin to the Abbot Point coal terminal near Bowen.

The project was awarded to a partnership between Indian mining giant GVK and Ms Rinehart's Hancock Coal.

A trial took place in June 2014, where counsel for Deputy Premier Jeff Seeney and the Co-ordinator-General of the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning were called upon to defend the decision.

On Wednesday Justice Martin Daubney dismissed the application and ordered the coal magnate turned MP and Palmer United Party boss pay the legal costs of Mr Seeney and the Co-ordinator-General.

Justice Daubney said his reasons would be published

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/court-dismisses-clive-palmers-rail-challenge-20140917-10i...

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/court-dismisses-clive-palmers-rail-challenge-20140917-10i...

Message 125 of 133
Latest reply

Press gallery roped into another stoush between Clive Palmer and Jacqui Lambie

Clive Palmer has been overheard questioning the intelligence of outspoken Palmer United Party Senator Jacqui Lambie, in a conversation with colleague Zhenya "Dio" Wang at Parliament on Tuesday, according to sources.

It comes as cracks emerge within the minor party particularly over Senator Lambie's inflammatory comments on Islamic law, which she claimed "involves terrorism". 

But in a bizarre twist, Senator Lambie's media adviser emailed her response to questions from Fairfax Media to all journalists in the Parliamentary press gallery, in which she denied her leader questioned her intelligence and intimated that her leader could also have cast aspersions on Senator Wang's intellect.

Mr Palmer denied making the comments at a later media conference on Tuesday but became testy when asked for confirmation and told the journalist he thought she - the reporter - was not very bright.

The conversation took place at the parliamentary staff cafe, colloquially known as "the Trough", on Tuesday morning. It was overhead by two sources who conveyed Mr Palmer's comments to Fairfax Media. But Senator Lambie responded to Fairfax Media's inquiry with the following statement sent to the entire gallery.

Clive couldn't have said that about me - because I was standing at the "trough" as well - and he said the same thing to me about Dio," her media adviser Rob Messenger's email said. Senator Lambie was not seen at the staff cafe on Tuesday morning according to the sources who overheard Mr Palmer's complaints.

In the email, Senator Lambie and Mr Messenger appeared to confuse the staff cafe with a toilet cubicle.

"PS Jacqui wants to know - were your sources also standing at the "trough" as well - or were they together in a cubical [sic].

"PS that comment and question is also in [sic] the record."

Speaking at Old Parliament House on Tuesday morning, Mr Palmer stressed that religious followers were able to practice their faith as well as abide by Australia's laws. 

"Sharia law has areas similar to that but that doesn't apply in this country because we're Australians and we work under Australian law," he explained. 

"We've got to remember when we compare other religions we've got to be fair and balanced. I've got a different view than she has on a number of things," Mr Palmer said.  

He told Fairfax Media on Monday that Senator Lambie's push to ban the burqa was not party policy and only the leader can declare the party's positions on issues.

Message 126 of 133
Latest reply

CLIVE Palmer’s bid to launch a Senate inquiry into Campbell Newman’s Liberal National Party government was last night scuttled after Labor refused to let it examine the previous Bligh government.

The proposed inquiry — a pet project of Mr Palmer, a former LNP benefactor and life member — would have seen a committee of five senators, chaired by senator Glenn Lazarus, hold hearings in at least 11 Queensland towns and cities, inquiring into public governance in the state.

Opposition senators initially indicated support for the proposal, but withdrew their backing after the Greens sided with the Coalition to expand the inquiry’s scope to include the final years of Anna Bligh’s Labor government.

That government was racked by scandal in its final three years, with public servant Joel Barlow convicted of embezzling $16.7million and the rollout of a Health Department payroll system that botched the wages of thousands and could cost $1.2 billion to repair.

The rejection of the inquiry by the Senate was last night hailed as a major defeat for Mr Palmer, who had expected the inquiry to heap “dirt” on the first-term government ahead of the state election due in March, which his party will contest.

Government senators warned a sweeping federal inquiry into state affairs could set a precedent for state parliaments to scrutinise federal politicians, possibly resulting in MPs being detained and hauled before state legislators. They also accused Mr Palmer of launching the inquiry to further his business interests.

Labor initially supported the move, saying any party should be able to launch inquiries into their areas of interest. ALP senator Claire Moore noted the Senate had previously held Coalition-initiated inquiries into issues such as council amalgamations by Beattie Labor and the proposed Traveston Dam.

Nationals whip Barry O’Sullivan credited government Senate leader Eric Abetz, manager of government business Mitch Fifield and his Queensland colleagues for preventing the “Palmerisation” of the Senate.

“Labor was outclassed and outwitted and, for the Palmer United Party, it showed they did not understand the very procedures of the Senate that they were seeking to uphold,” he told The Australian.

Senator Lazarus, the PUP leader in the Senate, complained that Queensland’s unicameral parliament had failed to provide “open, representative and transparent governance”, citing “serious issues” with public appointments, project approvals and environmental degradation.

“The commonwealth allocates funds to the state of Queensland and Australian taxpayers need and deserve clarification in relation to the appropriate use of these funds by the Queensland government,” Senator Lazarus said.

A Newman government spokesman dismissed the inquiry bid as a stunt.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/pup-fails-in-bid-for-senate-inquiry-...

Message 127 of 133
Latest reply

I like him, at least he is not trying to rob the poor to give nore to the rich.

If he tries to rob the rich to give more to himself who cares. Smiley Very Happy

Message 128 of 133
Latest reply

10648212_791887560852630_995483886036380760_o.jpg

Message 129 of 133
Latest reply

Poor Clive yet another court case he has dropped or lost

Clive Palmer drops case against The Australian newspaper

THE Australian will not have to pay Clive Palmer any damages or apologise to the businessman turned politician after he quietly dropped his $1 million defamation action against the newspaper.

Mr Palmer, leader of the Palmer United Party, took the action over five articles that appeared in the newspaper last year by Brisbane-based journalist Hedley Thomas.

The articles covered Mr Palmer’s business activities in the mining and tourism sectors, as well as his dealings with the Chinese government-owned mining giant Citic Pacific.

Mr Palmer told the ABC’s Lateline program that The Australian’s reporting about the matter was “an invention”.

But in August, Supreme Court judge David Boddice significantly narrowed the scope of Mr Palmer’s defamation action when he ruled that three of the five articles carried no imputations against Mr Palmer. Nine of the 10 imputations alleged by Mr Palmer were struck out by the court.

Mr Palmer’s lawyers, Hopgood Gamin, recently settled the defamation ­action concerning the other matter.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/investigations/clive-palmer-drops-case-against-the-australian-n...

Message 130 of 133
Latest reply