Clive Palmer thread

nero_bolt
Community Member

All things Clive can be posted here

He is a BULLY of the worst kind..... 

He will threaten and bully anyone that doesnt do what Clive wants. 

Its looking more and more like he is a liar and a fraudster as well and the Chinese govt is after him over a lot of missing money..... 

Clive likes to bully and threaten women as well.... 

Clive Palmer calls for clerk of Senate Rosemary Laing to resign

Billionaire politician Clive Palmer has called for the clerk of the Senate to resign unless she is able to maintain impartiality, following a staff email she wrote implying Mr Palmer was a bully.

A leaked internal email sent to Senate staff on Thursday, and obtained by Fairfax Media, reveals clerk of the Senate Rosemary Laing warned staff not to tolerate ''unacceptable behaviour'' and made reference to the ''conduct of a member of the House of Representatives''.

While the email does not directly name the MP, it was widely reported two weeks ago that there was an altercation between Dr Laing and Mr Palmer, the member for Fairfax, over amendments to the carbon tax repeal bill.

Mr Palmer, leader of the Palmer United Party, was annoyed that the clerk would not distribute amendments put up by one of his senators, Glenn Lazarus.

The clerk argued that the amendments were effectively a monetary bill and constitutionally could not originate in the Senate.

In her staff bulletin issued on Thursday, Dr Laing warned against what she described as workplace bullying.

''You all have the right to a safe workplace and that includes the right to step away from - and report - bullies, whatever their status,'' she wrote. ''None of you need have any contact with the member in question if you feel at all threatened or intimidated by him.''

Mr Palmer told Fairfax Media he did not raise his voice during the exchange and said he told the clerk: ''If you do not circulate this amendment by Senator Lazarus I will challenge [your] position in the High Court.''

But on Thursday Mr Palmer took that position further. ''Australian democracy is far more important than this issue. The clerk is supposed to be impartial; if she is not up to the job, resign,'' he said.

Fairfax Media approached Dr Laing's office for comment, but was told she is on leave. The deputy clerk of the Senate refused to comment on the matter.

In the email, Dr Laing also took a swipe at the behaviour of the press gallery over the past two weeks of Parliament, describing reports of the carbon tax repeal negotiations as ''unethical''.

''In all of my years here, I do not believe I have seen anything so unethical from the press as this … [including a] disgraceful episode of press gallery members eavesdropping on private negotiations in the corridors over the carbon tax repeal legislation and writing stories on that basis,'' she wrote.

Last week all the major parties and the crossbench in the Senate - except for the PUP and Motoring Enthusiast senator Ricky Muir - spoke in praise of the clerk.

President of the Senate Stephen Parry said: ''I have full confidence in the clerk of the Senate and her officers. All Senate staff serve the Senate in an entirely professional and impartial way and I reject any claims to the contrary.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/clive-palmer-calls-for-clerk-of-senate-rosemar...

Message 1 of 133
Latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

Re: Clive Palmer thread

Palmer United Party facing a revolt in NSW, accused of a lack of transparency

The Palmer United Party is facing a revolt in New South Wales, with a number of members quitting, saying the party and its leader have lost their way.

At least five former Federal PUP candidates have walked away from the party over the past week, critical of how it is being run.

They say the party is completely controlled by Clive Palmer for two purposes to hold the balance of power and to get rid of Campbell Newman's Queensland government.

The group also accuses the party of a lack of transparency, describing how Clive Palmer personally endorsed candidates for the upcoming by-elections in Newcastle and Charlestown.

The group's now formed a new organisation of Policy Aligned Independents in NSW that will back certain candidates contesting the March New South Wales election.

The move follows the actions of the PUP's Queensland leader, Doctor Alex Douglas, who resigned from the party last week.

PUP-backed Independent candidate for Newcastle, Jennifer Stefanac denies the party has lost its way, and says party members are free to air their concerns

Because we're such a new party and still building our foundation to get registered in NSW some people unfortunately end up being a but impatient, but that's the beauty of democracy," she said.

"I don't know of any other people in the Charlestown or Newcastle area in particular that might have an issue."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-20/palmer-united-party-facing-a-revolt-in-nsw2c-accused-of-a-lack...

Message 131 of 133
Latest reply

My wife wants to run for Qld seat: Clive Palmer

Clive Palmer says his wife wants to run at next year's Queensland election.

Anna Palmer hopes to take on Alex Douglas, who quit as Queensland leader of the Palmer United Party in August, claiming it was plagued by a jobs for the boys culture.

Mr Palmer says his wife is one of three people seeking pre-selection to run for PUP in Dr Douglas's Gold Coast seat of Gaven.

He made the revelation after Dr Douglas said on Thursday that he didn't believe PUP would run a single candidate at next year's Queensland poll.

"It's interesting that Alex Douglas says that because we've got three candidates that want to stand in the seat of Gaven

His seat.And one of them is my wife Anna," the federal MP and PUP leader told 612 ABC Brisbane.

He said the final decision on who PUP would stand in Gaven would be made in the next two weeks.

"(So) he'll be able to see the PUP revival inside Gaven."

On Thursday, Dr Douglas said the time for the party to field candidates had come and gone.

"I can't say what they'll do, I'm no longer involved with the party, but I don't believe they'll stand candidates. I think the opportunity to do so has come and gone," he told reporters.

Another Queensland MP, Carl Judge, quit the party last week, saying he felt the PUP was distracted by federal issues.

But he believes the party will still run candidates and says Dr Douglas was expressing a personal opinion.

Mr Judge's resignation left the party without a single MP in state parliament

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/my-wife-wants-to-run-for-qld-seat-clive-palmer-20141017-1...

Message 132 of 133
Latest reply

And to top of Clives bad week a court case that could see him charged with fraud and other company related charges.

The Chinese are after Clive for taking their money.

<script src="//www.reddit.com/api/info.json?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fnews%2Finvestigations%2Fcli... type="mce-text/javascript"></script>

Clive Palmer to face Sino Iron’s $10m lawsuit over wrongful payments

CLIVE Palmer has lost his bid to have Chinese-owned Sino Iron’s $10m fraud lawsuit against him tossed out of court. 

Queensland Supreme Court judge David Jackson this morning announced he was dismissing the Palmer United Party’s leader’s strike-out application, meaning the high-profile matter will go to trial.

Disgruntled business partner Sino is suing Mr Palmer over the alleged dishonest payment of more than $10m in Chinese funds to Media Circus, an advertising company, and Cosmo Developments, a company associated with Mr Palmer.

The resources businessman has denied all wrongdoing.

Justice Jackson’s written reasons for his judgment will be published soon, but the dismissal of the application means he wasn’t satisfied with Mr Palmer’s argument the Sino lawsuit was an abuse of process.

It’s likely Mr Palmer’s lawyers will now have to produce documentation revealing the politician’s “state of mind” at the time of the payments, which came from an administration account for the $10bn joint Sino Iron project in the Pilbara.

Justice Jackson said the lawyers would have to turn over documents — if they exist — that reveal what Mr Palmer’s knowledge was of the account and the payments.

Thomas Bradley QC, for Mr Palmer, tried to argue for an extension of time.

“(Mr Palmer) has some parliamentary commitments this weekend,” Mr Bradley said.

But Justice Jackson was not convinced.

“I frankly would have expected that instructions would have been taken from him by now,” he said.

The trial has now been set down for three days from November 26.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/investigations/clive-palmer-to-face-sino-irons-10m-lawsuit-over...

Message 133 of 133
Latest reply