Coalition Government support at lowest level

66 REPLIES 66

Malcolm Turnbull calls Bill Shorten 'sycophant'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-08/turnbull-and-shorten-trade-barbs-during-question-time/8252540

looks like the pressure of being PM is getting to our 'nice guy'

when your reduced to silly name calling youve lost the fight.

"sticks and stones" rings a bell

Message 31 of 67
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

the greens are in a similar position to the democrats before they imploded.

had a long serving leader who kept the team together not trying to be a real party, just there adjusting items to make them a little less severe.

then the democrats decided they wanted to be like a real party, to actually do something BIG and get noticed.

so even though they went through an election campaign saying they wouldnt support a GST once the election was over, their new leader got visions of grandoir and when uncle howard came calling telling her she was soooo pretty and powerful she succumbed to his manly wiles.

before she had time to finish her post rumpy pumpy smoke she had killed her whole party.

will the greens repeat the democrats error?

i watch with interest.

I also felt at the time, this was the beginning of the end for the Greens. Since then they have moved further to left into the political wastelands of obscure and irrelevent policy that only interest a very small minority. Theres simply not enough votes in their policy wastelands to support a viable long term party and not enough people who know how to actually get things done, to make any real tangible changes that might impress and garner new supporters.

Message 32 of 67
Latest reply

just watched our PM going belistic at bill shorten on the news

great to see him showing some fight

only problem it came across like a rich guy beliteling a poor guy.

how dare you lower class people think you should be up here with us wealthy people.

Message 33 of 67
Latest reply

Frankly I found Turnbull's bullying tirade at Bill Shorten, totally disgusting, I always knew he was arrogant but didn't think he would sink as low as this, though frankly I'm not surprised.  His verbal attack came across to me as a leader who is running scared of Shorten ..... "anger is born of fear" as they say

Message 34 of 67
Latest reply

yeah, when you see it on tv hes like the school bully with all his mates behind him egging him on, not a great look for a PM.

but it has been a lousy week for mr trimble.

bad poll result

stabed in the front by one of his own.

still cant get anything through the senate.

how many familys are losing money so he can give others some extra? cant remember, its about a million mal.

Message 35 of 67
Latest reply

I found Turnbull's antics quite cringe worthy  ..... as for Joyce, always knew he was a bully, today he confirmed it

Attack seems the be the only form of defence the Libs have these days lol

Message 36 of 67
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

I found Turnbull's antics quite cringe worthy  ..... as for Joyce, always knew he was a bully, today he confirmed it

Attack seems the be the only form of defence the Libs have these days lol

Old Liberal policy-when you can't win in the polls, start slinging mud and hopes some of it sticks

Message 37 of 67
Latest reply

Had a big of a giggle last night   .... Vic lib senator James Patterson seemed to think The Hazelwood Power Station one of Vic biggest coal fired powerstations is located in Heywood,   a sm town is SW Vic   ......  Ummm It's in the Latrobe valley on the other side of the state lol

Message 38 of 67
Latest reply

he was the guy who demanded aus post give up the pays of executives including the 5.6 mill the boss is on.

personally i rekon his boss malcolm would have preferred it wasnt front page news the first week back from holidays.

i see today after nick zen said his team wouldnt support the govt latest bill as it was instead of having a meeting with nick to discuss his concerns the libs attacked him. this is the same mob now saying paulines not so bad after spending years putting her in prison.

Message 39 of 67
Latest reply

From what I re call, it was Abbott who went after Pauline Hanson, ended up backfiring on him

The best Patterson could do on Q &  A was attack Shorten, went over like a lead balloon

Message 40 of 67
Latest reply