Coles & Woolworths "No plastic bags"

Most of us know that this was going to happen, but seems some stores are moving it forward.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/39709482/16-woolworths-and-coles-stores-ban-plastic-bags-from-april-4/

I just mentioned to my wife that we should go and buy some Aldi bags and use them at Woolies & Coles.Smiley Happy  

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

I really think they should absorb the cost of whatever bags for on-line shopping.

We pay enough for delivery IMO.

Message 21 of 84
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

I really think they should absorb the cost of whatever bags for on-line shopping.

We pay enough for delivery IMO.

There is the answer.

But.

Still the problem of placky waste.

Message 22 of 84
Latest reply

@travlyn2012wrote:

A legitimate issue raised here. I wonder if they will also get rid of the small bags in the fruit and veg section,

and have to put them in a dirty trolley or hand basket.

What happened in Sth Aust ??

If they were to get serious, why not start will all the plastic materials that a lot of items are packaged in.

Most of it is not biodegradable.

they still supply small bags in our fruit and veg areas and it was talked about at the time and just brushed over.

the plastic baskets in wollies and foodland, disgusting, never cleaned.

i still feel weird when i take a woollies bag into foodland (more weird than usual) or visa versa.

i remain convinced banning the plastic bags made no difference to the amount of carp in the enviroment, it just made us buy more bags

Message 23 of 84
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

I like the box idea.

We can throw them back at the driver.

I don't like my plastic bags overfilled.  It seems they don't know how to pack them.

Heavy cans in with the bread!       2l bottles of milk in with tomatoes and grapes!!

I'm waiting for my delivery atm.  Can't wait to see what's squashed this week.

You are assuming the driver will hang around long enough for you to unpack everything to throw the boxes at him. 🙂 

I sure don't want to have boxes hanging around for a forthight either.  Apparently they were trialled somewhere and the Coles customer put a photo on FB.....what an untidy mess. 

Online shopping packing is bizarre.  Some bags full to bursting, food mixed with cleaning items and so on.  I'd like an answer to the big Cat Food Packing Mystery.  If I order 6 single meal cans of food, five will be in one bag (with or without other stuff) and one will be in a bag by itself.  And I MEAN by itself - just one tiny can in a bag.  If I buy 10 cans of cat food 9 will be together and once again one will be by itself.  I am not paying for a recycle bag that contains one lone can of cat food!

Message 24 of 84
Latest reply

Bring back paper bags.

Mybag.jpgat least you could have fun with them

Message 25 of 84
Latest reply

Apparently this is how the groceries are delivered in Adelaide  -  loose.

Looks germy to this little germaphobe

Related image
Message 26 of 84
Latest reply

See - it just doesn't work.

Nerd needed to sort this whole - online shopping - out.

Reminds me of the story of a bloke - wrote to Colgate with an idea.

He noticed everyone took their toothbrush - and applied the toopaste - the length of the toothbrush.

He advised - if you widen the hole on the toothepaste tube - the same will occur - only a bit more will be used.

Colgate widened the hole - he made a fortune.

Come on guys - solve online food shopping

Message 27 of 84
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

Apparently this is how the groceries are delivered in Adelaide  -  loose.

Looks germy to this little germaphobe

Related image

she wouldnt be smiling if she knew her bread rolls are rubbing on his shirt just where he wiped his hands after his bathroom stop.

Message 28 of 84
Latest reply

Or that that is'nt really bread

Oh,behave

Message 29 of 84
Latest reply

@enigmabearwrote:

Or that that is'nt really bread

Oh,behave

rolf.gif