Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Coronavirus update

@chameleon54 wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

How is it any different to the vast majority of posters here who support Labor and continually bag the LNP Federal government ? Are you calling for the " Diary of our stinking government " thread to be shut down ?  If not, total hypocrisy on your behalf..

Don't read it so not interested and I have no interest in politics AT ALL.

Many would argue the " diary " thread is valid as it is exposing and discussing mistakes made by that administration. ( fair enough )  It is very obvious that Dan Andrews has made just as many mistakes in his handling of the COVID virus in his state and the costs have been immeasurable, including the loss of over 800 lives.

Don't read it and not interested.

Why is it justified to discuss mistakes the LNP federal government have made ( and yes there are a few worthy of discussion ) but not to question Dan Andrews handling of the virus in Victoria when the results have been so traumatic for so many people ? 

Not interested in politics and as I said mistakes happen and hopefully out of all the mistakes Aus gets on with

get rid of this virus which is with the HELP of what has gone before and if those mistakes hadn't been "fixed" and worked on to prevent further outbreaks then where would we be now.Who knows.gif

I don't care who posts here or what their views are. The more varied the better as far as I,m concerned. But if people feel so challenged and offended by alternate views, they may need to consider whether a public forum is the right place for them. Maybe they should give consideration to  joining one of the many echo chamber groups where their own one eyed view of the world will be encouraged and endorsed by every other participant. If they wish to stay on a public forum, they need to accept others may not always agree with them and may challenge mistakes made by their governments...

It wasn't alternate views or a challenge to mistakes as it was a deliberate and continual attack on a state and it's

leader.

It was as simple as that.Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

Definitely not true. Please provide just one cut and paste of a full post ( not a carefully edited small section ) in context, that attacks the state of Victoria or its people. 

I am more than happy to acknowledge I have provided extensive scrutiny and criticism of the Dan Andrews administration and its handling of Corona Virus, but to suggest that I have extended this to the Victorian community is simply untrue. Wild unfounded claims such as this damage your reputation as a thoughtful, credible poster and  prove the level of respect I have shown towards you in the past.was unfounded.

If you want to redeem some level of credibility, either cut and paste my offending posts ( in full and in context ) or apologise.

Still waiting Tazz. According to your defamatory remarks I have engaged in  " a deliberate and continual attack on a state ". You are pretty quick to respond with derogatory and defamatory posts, so If I have acted as you claim it should be a simple matter to find just one post ( in context and in full ) that makes offensive or derogatory remarks about the Victorian community and its struggle with Corona Virus. 

If you cant come up with something, at least have the decency to apologise and admit your recent attacks have been unfounded. Your credability is on the line here.

I,m calling you out on this one Tazz.......Time to put up or shut up !

Message 3051 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@chameleon54 wrote:

Definitely not true. Please provide just one cut and paste of a full post ( not a carefully edited small section ) in context, that attacks the state of Victoria or its people. 

I am more than happy to acknowledge I have provided extensive scrutiny and criticism of the Dan Andrews administration and its handling of Corona Virus, but to suggest that I have extended this to the Victorian community is simply untrue. Wild unfounded claims such as this damage your reputation as a thoughtful, credible poster and  prove the level of respect I have shown towards you in the past.was unfounded.

If you want to redeem some level of credibility, either cut and paste my offending posts ( in full and in context ) or apologise.

While I am not aware of a post that attacks Victoria/Victorians, I am aware of some of your brutal and accusatory attacks on Mr Andrews. Try message 72 in Melbourne Lockdown for example. Maybe you could consider that some Victorians view an attack on him as an attack on them. After all, some of the political comments in CS seem to be taken very personally, don't they!

Message 3052 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

While I am not aware of a post that attacks Victoria/Victorians, I am aware of some of your brutal and accusatory attacks on Mr Andrews. Try message 72 in Melbourne Lockdown for example. Maybe you could consider that some Victorians view an attack on him as an attack on them. After all, some of the political comments in CS seem to be taken very personally, don't they!

I am very happy to acknowledge that since Dan Andrews was accused of lying to the commission set up to investigate the failures in his governments response to the Covid outbreak, I have been consistently critical of his handling of the pandemic. You could easily find 20 of my posts criticising his administrations actions.

Tazz has engaged in an escalation of derogatory posts recently, culminating in the claim was I was engaged in a " a deliberate and continual attack on a state ".  This is simply not true and is in fact legally defamatory. I,m not going to take Tazz to court, but I think its fair to at least ask him to post just one of the offending posts ( in context and in full ) or apologise.

Message 3053 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

I wonder what Mr Andrews would conclude, and do, if he were to read:

"There are important lessons to be learned from Victoria's experience and probably the most important is that in a crisis it is vital to use the full resources of our professional state and federal agencies rather than just hiving off government contracts to your unionised, business mates who have a history criminal / bikie industry influence and practice of cutting corners."

Melbourne Lockdown, excerpt from Message 72.

Message 3054 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

You must be taking that out of context, nfs.

After all, chamo has stated that he doesn't go in for those sorts of attacks, and as an upstanding SA grazier (who took a hit from the Vic lockdown) we should take him at his word.

Message 3055 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

You are really weird do you know that,  going to court hahahahahahah

Message 3056 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

I wonder what Mr Andrews would conclude, and do, if he were to read:

"There are important lessons to be learned from Victoria's experience and probably the most important is that in a crisis it is vital to use the full resources of our professional state and federal agencies rather than just hiving off government contracts to your unionised, business mates who have a history criminal / bikie industry influence and practice of cutting corners."

Melbourne Lockdown, excerpt from Message 72.

Once again a criticism of the Andrews administrations handling of the pandemic. There's plenty more of those, but they are directed at the Andrews government, not at the state or its people.

Here's a tip, As far as I now, it just aint there, and the reason is because I don't actually believe the Victorian community are in any way to blame for the unfortunate experience they went through. They where simply victims of a virulent pandemic and an administration that did not have the competence to manage it. Very similar to people in America who suffered Covid as a result of Trumps negligence.

Message 3057 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@lionrose.7 wrote:

What is weird about calling a forum poster out and asking them to provide just one post in context and in full to back up a defamatory post they have made ? ( after all according to Tazz the posts where continual so it shouldn't be too hard ) 

I think its perfectly reasonable to request they apologise if it simply isn't there.

Message 3058 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@chameleon54 wrote:

Once again a criticism of the Andrews administrations handling of the pandemic. There's plenty more of those, but they are directed at the Andrews government, not at the state or its people.

Here's a tip, As far as I now, it just aint there, and the reason is because I don't actually believe the Victorian community are in any way to blame for the unfortunate experience they went through. They where simply victims of a virulent pandemic and an administration that did not have the competence to manage it. Very similar to people in America who suffered Covid as a result of Trumps negligence.

Now there you go; an inoffensive, rational and sensible statement that's worth reading. And while I don't fully agree, I hope there's more of it.

Message 3059 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@chameleon54 wrote:

@lionrose.7 wrote:

What is weird about calling a forum poster out and asking them to provide just one post in context and in full to back up a defamatory post they have made ? ( after all according to Tazz the posts where continual so it shouldn't be too hard ) 

I think its perfectly reasonable to request they apologise if it simply isn't there.

I think it would be reasonable that proof that the Andrews government engaged in nefarious activities be provided. Not your opinion, but actual facts.

I understand that you took a financial hit from the Victorian COVID-19 restrictions (from what you have posted), but that hardly makes you Robinson Crusoe. And many Victorian businesses would have been more adversely affected. Work it out. It's more about your personal business circumstances than a generality.

Message 3060 of 3,689
Latest reply